43 - Cashel's POV

Chapter 43

               *Cashel's POV*

The lights went out. It was dark. Police sirens were heard but nowhere to be seen.. I don't know how long we were in the dark for but it felt like quite a while. The whole house was quiet. Not a sound came out of anyone. I felt myself to check if I was okay. I felt a liquid substance on the floor next to me. I used the light on my phone to examine it. Blood. I looked at the body next to me and I swear I felt the tears coming. My bestfriend. My bestfriend was lying on the floor bleeding next to me. This is when reality kicked in, I unlocked my phone and used the torch app. Girls were hitched up in the corner crying and most guys were standing up surrounding them.

"Darnell? Darnell wake up man. Don't do this" I said shaking him.

But there was no movement. I started breathing heavily. I was shaking. I wanted to switch. I looked ahead and there was another body on the floor. I looked down and saw Damien on the floor face down bleeding from his head. I looked up at Leila who stood over him with another gun in her hand. Her hands were shaking. She dropped the gun and ran out. I was so speechless. It was then that I could see the flashing blue lights from the windows.

"Smirkz come on man, wake up!"  I said once again.

His eyes opened a bit and then closed them. He tried again and then a 3rd time. He looked around confused.

"W-what happened?" He aksed

"You got shot-"

"AMBULANCE!" 3 paramedics and 2 police officers walked through

 "W-where's Cass?" He asked

The parademics ran to the him and Damien and the police officers went to other people. More feds and paramedics came through. They put damien's body on a stretcher and took him away. I looked around the room for Cass, but she was nowhere to be seen.. 

"Excuse me sir, can you explain what's happened here?" A fed said to me

"Does it look like i'm in the mood to talk to you? Move man" I said

One of his collegues escorted him away and they spoke to other witnesses instead. I watched as they treated darnell and bandaged him up.

"Come on, we need to get him to hospital As soon as possible!" I heard them say

"Are you gonna come with your friend?" The lady asked

"W-what about the house?"

"Don't worry about that" She said .."Police will be looking after the house and forensics will be coming in and out"

I jumped into the back of the ambulance after Smirkz did. I sat down, my heart beating so fast looking at him fall in and out of consciousness. The past half an hour or so kept playing back in my head.. Damien? Leila? Damien being Kev's Nephew? ..Cass- ... Cassie.. Where did Cassie go?

*

I watched as they rushed him into the hospital and through the corridors, opening several double doors. I couldn't think straight. My head was all over the place. They stopped me at a certain door in which I had to sit down. I used this as a time to think. I looked at the time. It had just gone past 1 in the morning. Slowly and slowly the corridors emptied out. It was just me and a couple people sitting down alone. I thought and thought. Where was cassie? I don't even remember what happened to her. I just heard gunshots and then everything blacked out ..Where could she have gone?.. I was too focused on Smirkz and his blood, i didn't even look around to see if anyone else was hurt.. I thought long and hard about exactly what happened..