"i lost someone"

Inspired by The Umbrella Academy. Klaus and Dave's scenes. Enjoy

It was three in the morning at America's house. Everyone was soundly asleep. Meaning by everyone I mean the F.A.C.E family. Until a scream broke out. The first one who booked it to the scream was Canada. England and France woke up to running seeing that it was Canada running to the other side. The realization hit when it was coming from Alfred's room. Once getting to the room they saw Matthew cradling a terrified American. Sobs and whimpers came from him. He looked lost in his head. Only staring at the wall. He closed his eyes and passed out in his brother's arms. The nations decided to talk to him about what just happened tomorrow and tucked him in.

☔︎︎

The next morning, Alfred acted like nothing happened last night, all day long claiming heroic acts. Until Francis got fed up. He stood up and walked to his son, eyes filled with frustration. England and Canada noticed and tried to stop him but it was no use. Francis yanked him to the floor, surprising Alfred when looked up. France spoke. "Before I say you're okay, don't tell me everything's right, because last night I saw you in there. You were crying like a baby!" Arthur and Matthew stood there, eyes wide from Francis's words to Alfred. Alfred hung his head down and spoke with the same volume his father used on him.

"Because I lost someone! I lost someone...The only person I've ever truly loved more than myself. " Alfred started crying. Guilt filled France as he looked at his crying son. Matthew, Arthur, and Francis ran to him, hugging the hell out of him while apologizing. "Mon lapin, I'm so sorry. I didn't know and you never said anything and acted all normal. It just got on my nerves." "It's okay Papa, you didn't know." He tried to smile but it came out broken and strained. Soon Alfred calmed down and slumped against his fathers and his brother. Matthew noticed his broken smile and tried to lighten the mood. "What was her name?" Alfred giggled and held dreamy eyes. "His name was Davie. We soldered together in the A Shau Valley in the Mountain of the Crouching Beast. Arthur laughed. "Well, Davie must have been a very special person." "Yeah, he was kind and strong, and vulnerable, and beautiful. So Beautiful." Alfred spaced out remembering when they drink and dance before making their way to a more private area. Davie pulled Alfred forward and they kissed.

He smiled brightly until a memory resurfaced and frowned. Another set of tears forming.
They were in the middle of a firefight, which didn't seem to catch them. Alfred calls to Davie, but he doesn't answer. Alfred turns him over to see a gaping wound in his chest. Davie was choking on his blood, and Alfred screamed, telling him to focus on him. He begs him to stay with him and continues to call for a medic. He kissed Davie on the forehead as they took him away. He was dead before the medic arrived. They noticed a sudden mood change and asked him what was wrong. He responded with. "But he was stupid enough to follow me to the front line. That goddamn war took everyone, including my Davie..." He reached under his shirt and pulled out the dog tags. Alfred holds Davie's dog tags and holds them close to his chest as his family comforted him.

Little did he know Davie's ghost stood there. Tears flowed down as he watched his lover crying. "I'll see you on the other side." And he disappeared.