Prologue

One Year Later:

One year later and I'm as happy as the day I first laid my orbs on Niklaus Mikaelson. He's the light of my life. He is everything I breathe. Without him, I would probably be dead right now.

But there was no more worries anymore. I could just, be happy and live in eternal bliss with the man that I love more than life itself. Or at least that was the plan. I had created a whole utopia just for us and my family, but life never does go the way you think it will. And it all went down hill after we returned home, to New Orleans.

After Mikael's death, Niklaus and I decided that we needed to get away. Away from everything and everyone. To be together for once and not have to think about vampires, werewolves, witches, or hybrid drama. Just to focus on US and our future together.

It had been a year now since I saw our little home in New Orleans. Traveling around the globe was definitely work, but I was happy as long as Klaus was by my side. Plus, now that I am an Original I'm stronger, powerful, faster, and less venerable. After Klaus and I got remarried, he decided that it was only right for me to become a hybrid as well. So I did it, it took place while we were on our honeymoon in Cancun.

Painful, but worth it. And now Klaus and I were the same. We were One.

New Orleans:

"Hurry up Marcel, they'll be here any damn second!" Rebekah and Marcel were preparing the mansion for Klaus and Annabelle's return home. Rebekah knew how hard it was to miss her sister after she was brought back to life by Klaus. But this was different, she was actually alive and yet I still couldn't see her everyday like usual.

"Klaus just called, they'll be here in two minutes!" Marcel stated calmly, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Ok hit the lights!"

"Right, they totally won't see us than." Marcel says sarcastically.

"Shut up."

We sped upstairs to our room and pretended that we weren't home. We had been planning this surprise party for Annabelle mostly, since we found out a week ago that they were coming home.

"Hellooo?! Anyone home?" I heard Anna's voice as her and Klaus entered the door.

"Looks like their out. Which means we have the house all to ourselves for a while." I heard Klaus respond seductively. The minute I heard kissing I had to stop them.

"SURPRISE!" Marcel and I shouted as we exited our room together.

"BEKS!" Annabelle yelled as she whooshed up the stairs and greeted me with a deathly tight embrace.

"Oooh I've missed you so much! You have to tell me everything, but right now I think you may wanna open the door." Rebekah told Anna smiling from ear to ear.

Annabelle looked down at Nik who was still stood next at the front entrance, "Will you open it for me Nikola?" She sent him mentally. He shook his head, but with a smile and proceeded to open the door.

GASP! Was all you heard before Anna started to ball like a baby. "Ooooooh you guys are much too darling to me." She said in her thick English accent fanning her face and whipping her tears.

Elena rushed up the stairs to pull Annabelle into a sweet embrace. Annabelle smiled at the gesture though she was still crying. Damon stood awkwardly in the doorway trying his hardest to stay cordial if must.

"Oh stop being such a fat cat, Damon and get up here and hug me!" Annabelle demanded. He greeted her with that famous grin of his and met her half way at the steps.

"How is it that you two are here?" She asked Damon.

"Two?" Damon asked with a slight frown and a amusing glint in his eye.

"If my recollections serves me right, I do still hobor the skill of Mathematics, Damon." Annabelle stated with her hands at her hip. She knew something was up as she watched him suspiciously.

"I don't know I think it's six, right Elena?" Damon stated.

Elena nodded with a smirk as Anna looked to her for an answer, "yeah your right, It is six."

Before I could ask another question there was a sudden burst through the door and in came Stefan, Caroline, Bonnie and of course Jeremy.

"SURPRISSSSEEE!" They all yelled as I rushed down the remaining stairs and smothered them in hugs. It was so nice to be around everyone again. It felt as if we were a HUGE dysfunctional family.

Though of course I was not oblivious to the fact that we all couldn't last a week in this house together....as a family of course. But a party was a different subject.

* * *

Song: Maps by: Maroon 5