Explanations

Sam's POV

The rest of the day continued slowly and I couldn't wait to get home and have this whole situation explained. Luckily, by the time I was beginning to calm down it was time to drag myself onto the bus and wait thirty excruciatingly long minutes until I arrived home. On the bus I made arrangements for the boys to come straight to my house when we got off the bus and we would go from there.

~~~

I slammed the door to my bedroom violently and swivelled to face the five innocent looking boys sitting on my bed.

"Okay, so what was that?" I asked, fuming.

"What was what?" Niall asked innocently, his big blue eyes staring straight into my own. What a bastard.

"What do you mean, 'what was what' you know exactly what I mean!!! What was that AT LUNCH?!" I nearly screamed. The boys just looked between each other nervously, avoiding my gaze, and formed a little huddled circle. I stood outside the circle waiting as they mumbled between one another, completely ignoring my existence let alone my question.

"So, Sam," Liam spoke up as their circle straightened into a line once again. "What you saw at lunch..."

"Yes?" I asked, expecting them to come out with a full explanation right away. Obviously, but not to my aggravated self, they didn't.

"Well, you see Sam the thing is, and you may have noticed, we're not exactly...normal," Harry grinned. How could he find this situation funny?

"Damn right!" I roared sarcastically, surprised with my tone of voice.

"Well you may have also noticed that we're, um..." Louis trailed off.

"We're werewolves," Zayn mumbled looking at his palms. The boys all immediately turned to him in shock. It nearly made me want to laugh my head off, but this was not the time for such foolishness.

"Uh...explain?" Now that they had admitted it I didn't really know what to ask. Did I want to know why they could turn into carnivorous beasts at any given moment? Did I want to know why they had been away from school those few weeks ago, because now I knew about the whole wolf thing surely they could tell me.

"What do you want to know?" Harry piped up from the head of the bed and I seated myself on an office chair, not wanting to stand if this was going to take a while.

"Um...how about why you guys can do what you do?" I asked sweetly, and watched the boys exchange nervous glances again. This was becoming a recurring motif, it really needed to stop.

"Well, it all started about eight years ago,” Louis started, then launched into a full flashback.

*FLASHBACK IN LOUIS' POV*

I clambered out the tiny dormitory window, my bum barely fitting through. Harry and Niall were already on the ground outside waiting for me to drop, but I had always had a fear of heights.

"Hurry up Louis!" Liam whisper-yelled from inside as to not get caught.

The thing was we were trying to sneak out of the abusive orphanage we lived in. The conditions at the orphanage were terrible. We barely got enough to eat so our stomachs were constantly growling ferociously, and the dormitories were packed to the brim to fit as many mismatched children as they could. The boys and I had been playing in the overgrown backyard one day when we should have been doing homework when Zayn had had a Brilliant idea.

Looking up at our window from outside he had realised that, due to the window sill and balconies on lower levels, we could actually exit through the window and escape the orphanage to the forest that backed onto it in the small village where the orphanage was based.