Breaking Banks - Prologue (Sequel to WFR)

A/N: Yep, you asked, I provided! I don't know how well this is going to go, but I've had this idea for a while now, so I suppose I should just go with it.  It's set in the future, but I haven't done any future world shit, cos that's stupid.  It's as though we're still in the present, even though it's 11 years ahead (2024).  And if you didn't get the memo, the epilogue of WFR is only THREE years ahead, not ten (just so it works with this sequel).  Lol to get this to work I made a timeline of the WFR story haha.

There's been a few changes in the Tomlinson household, and Sam and the boys are back for an all new adventure, this time with some...younger protagonists.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

YEAR 2024...nine years after Sam last saw the boys.

The corridors flashed past me as I ran, heaving in breaths; if Louis agreed to turn me I wouldn't have this problem.  I took one last look at my time table before skidding to a halt outside a blue door, SC2. I knocked lightly before grasping the handle and stepping into my new home room. 

"Yes?" A pointy nosed woman looked over her spectacles suspiciously at me.  She wore a frilly blouse and plain pencil skirt with stockings and black blocky heels.  She was only just clinging to middle aged; her hair was greying and curled up in a bun, flyaway hairs sticking out in frizzy curls.

"Um, I'm new," I muttered and she looked down again, eyeing her roll call.

"Name?" She had a very high nasal voice, irritating like a buzzing insect.

"Adam Tomlinson,"  I puffed half heartedly, stuffing my timetable into my bookbag.  The teacher looked at me like I was an idiot.  Damn, Louis must have not changed my surname on the enrollment forms. "Adam Austin; my parents just separated so I didn't know whwich name they would have put on the enrollment forms," I explained to an uninterested teacher who was marking my name off now.

"You can sit over there, Mr Austin," She pointed a bony, manicured finger at a desk at the back of the classroom.  As I made my way down the aisle I took a quick look at the students, a few of whom were glancing at me doubtfully as I passed.  Most were texting or reading or doodling on their books in permanent marker.

I took my designated seat and snuck a quick peek at those around me.  On my left, a nerd; the turtle-neck jumper, blocky glasses and science magazines said it all.  On my right, the exact opposite; a blonde make-up covered slut filing her already perfect nails.  Gosh, this school was so cliche.

The first few periods were fine, and I spent the morning break unpacking books into my locker, so now came the first challenge: lunch.  I didin't want to get with the wrong crowd now, did I?

I sauntered into the cafeteria with a group of commoners, pausing in the doorway to assess the set-up: nerds mumbling in the far back corner, jocks and cheerleaders laughing by the windows, plastic bitches gossiping in the centre, but a different, less noticeable table caught my attention: I recognised a few people from my classes who looked nice enough.

They were a fairly quiet group, and one was strumming a guitar; they were probably the musos then, the Glee club, if you will.  I approached the table and the gentle strumming immediately stopped.  Five pairs of eyes were focused on me. "Hi...mind if I sit here? I'm new,"

"That's fine!" a pretty brunette smiled.  She seemed a quirky figure: she wore a denim jacket and leather skirt with patterened stockings and white Doc Martens. "Hi, I'm Cher, you must be Adam.  This is Brad, James, Tristan and Nina." Cher pointed at each of them in turn and they waved in response.