Climax part 2

When not a trace of Dad's dark leather jacket could be seen swaying through the greenery, I turned back to Harry, a worried expression on my face. "Now what?" I asked his chocolate-furred wolf, and immediately he shifted back.

"There's not much blood so they'll be fine. They should heal soon enough, but the main problem will be making up a story believable enough to tell Mum why we were gone," Harry contemplated, a frown crinkling his forehead. In that moment as we waited, both deep in thought, I heard a rustle in the leaves, and turned to see Liam lying on the muddy ground in human form, his chest rising in a soft steady rhythm. "He's just sleeping now," Harry reassured, somewhat distracted.

"Will he wake up soon?" Harry turned to me, a cheeky smile stretching across his face.

"He will if we wake him." I snickered evilly and crept to where Liam's breath was slowly moving a leaf in front of his face. Harry gave me an approving nod and I poked Liam gently in the side to no effect. I poked harder and this time he stirred, mumbling something incomprehensible as his calm face turned to a frown. I sneakily wet my finger with saliva and lowered it until it was just touching Liam's ear.

"AAH!!!" he yelled, jolting up almost immediately and sending Harry and I into a fit of laughter. I literally fell to my knees in front of Liam, holding my stomach and laughing my insides out.

"Your, face," I wheezed out between bouts of laughter. "Wet willy, works every time." I calmed down, but a grin still lingered on my face.

"Wh-what happened?" Liam asked, genuinely concerned at the scene unfolding before his eyes, which widened at the sight of the other boys still passed out in wolf form on the dirty ground. At that moment, Niall shifted back, and we watched him sleeping in silence, forgetting Liam's question. After what felt like hours Niall's eyes flitted open and he pushed himself off the ground, looking around at us with a straight face. In the awkward silence I heard a loud grumble, and I didn't think it was thunder.

"I'm hungry," Niall stated simply, and I couldn't help but smile again at his adorableness. "Where's the nearest Nando's, Sam?" He turned to me, begging for an answer.

"Ummm, about twenty kilometres from here," I replied hesitantly; Nando's wasn't common in our household, so I really had only a vague idea of where the nearest restaurant was. Niall sighed.

"Damn,"

"So, again, since all of you are so kind, what happened?" Liam broke the silence.

"Uh, well, the hunter," I had a feeling he felt bad saying 'Sam's dad', "he, um, shot you all and he was giving me my final farewells, I think, when Sam came barging in on our little escapade. She somehow convinced him to let me go and he kind of just walked away," he summed up the story. I wondered in what order did Dad shoot. "I can't quite remember, but I think he took Lou, then you, Liam, then Niall, then Zayn, but he took his time." Harry answered my question as though he had read my thoughts. "You should really make sure you don't say all your thoughts aloud, Sam," Harry smirked cheekily and Liam and Niall snickered in the background.

By now we had all seated ourselves in the ground and were impatiently waiting for Louis and Zayn to wake up. "Ho long is this going to take?" I stressed with a sigh. On queue Zayn shifted with a crunch of leaves and I knew from experience that he wouldn't be talking any time soon unless we put fog horns in his ears. I crawled, literally, over to his sleeping figure and poked his stomach.

"It's going to take a lot more than that to wake Zayn up, Sam," Niall laughed.

"Fine," I laughed back, and proceeded to shake Zayn by the shoulders. Still nothing but a moan. I doubted the wet willy would have any significant impact, so I went to the next level. Positioning myself next to Zayn's head so I could escape easily, I slapped a palm across his relaxed cheek, making him flinch. I slapped again, effectively making Zayn groan and swat me away lazily. One final slap, this should do it.