|Chapter 17|

Chapter 17
Lurid
"There is in every woman's heart a spark of heavenly fire which lies dormant in the broad daylight of prosperity, but which kindles up and beams and blazes in the dark hour of adversity."-Washington Irving

We sat in my bed talking non-stop. He told me everything about him from his favorite color to his secrets. He told me how there are a lot of lurid's out in the world and were they're located. I asked him why are you guys called lurid if it means darkness. He said they're called that, because once they die they go into limbo then told me it's dark and eery there, that's the reason why. I understood. Angel also told me that his mother didn't want to become what their sons are, she wanted to die and be reunited with her loved ones.

He told me how Kale and him were kinda depressed for a while, but got over it knowing at least she died an old age and got to see the people she loved. I didn't really tell him much, because he already knows so much about me. Knowing what my favorite band is to knowing I don't have a favorite food. The more and more we were talking and laughing he was right... I was falling for him. One thing is still bothering me.

Living forever. It's inhuman not dying at all. I mean I'll add that to my bucket list of living forever If I have one. Just think about it, you know you'll never die and you know no one can harm you not even yourself, because you'll regenerate, you're basically a God. You mind as well call yourself Zeus. You'll walk around not having any ounce of fear in you and bad things could happen, because of that. Maybe not, but still. Maybe I'm just being paranoid, but what if he does turn me into him, will I still be the same?

Will I become this dark retched thing that feeds off of people's screams? Angel told me how through transition the people stay the same, but what if I'm a special case and change, because of all the horrible things that happened to me? Then what? You won't be to do anything, because I'm invisible.

"You know what I love about you?" I tilted my head.

"What?"

"Your hair... it's so beautiful and shiny." He said putting his elbows on his knees. I laughed a little.

"Thank you." I said looking down blushing.

"Don't hide your face." I looked up at him and how commanding he sounded. He sounded with so much power and authority.

"I'll never." I said in a low voice. What made me say that to him?

"Good. It's to beautiful to hide." Angel stared into my eyes. It kinda made me feel uncomfortable simply, because no one has ever looked at me like he is right now.

"How come you'll kiss me in my dreams, but not here?" Oh my fucking gosh! Where did I get the backbone to say that? I might be brave, but not that brave. That's a embarrassing question to ask. I should ask next why haven't we had sex. Yup that's a cherry on top.

"Because you thought I was fake." He smiled sadly at me. All I said was oh then looked away. Well he can't blame me. I thought for the longest he was, of course now I don't anymore. But even then when I thought he was just an image of my imagination I wished he was real. I wished more than I did when I was little wishing for superpowers. Now I feel like a complete jerk.

"I'm sorry..." I looked at his amazing electric blue eyes. I was leaning over about to do the bravest things of bravest things ever. I was about to kiss him, but I stopped when my throat felt like it was closing. I collapsed on my bed holding my throat trying to get somewhat of air.

"Reign!" Angel yelled. I saw him leave then came back in quickly followed by my mom and Scott. Scott took a needle out and stabbed it right at my throat. I gasped for air then started to chock. I chocked so hard. I laid back down trying to control my breathing. "What the hell happened?!"

"It happens from time to time." I said sitting up and looking at my ma and Scott. I saw that he had red lip stick on him. "You two are gross."

"It happens when she doesn't take her daily pill over three days!" My mom yelled. Oh that's right. I forgot about that. I got up and went to my bathroom cabinet taking my pills. "Don't do that again. Stop being foolish." She said being all motherly and walked out of my room bringing Scott with her. Now that I think about it, it sounds so foreign just saying 'Scott' instead of 'Doctor Scott'.

"When did they start to have a thing?" I asked.

"For a while." Angel said in a low voice.

"What's the matter?" I sat down beside him against my bed. He looked deep into my eyes and held my hand into his.

"I can't wait until you stop feeling pain..." I didn't know what to say by that... everyone feels pain right? Even if you're a supernatural creature. I bet bugs feel pain when you squash them.

"Let's go to sleep... it's getting late." I said getting up and started to take my shirt off.

"Umm. I'll just leave." Angel said.

"What? I'm sure you've seen a girl naked before. Stay." Where in the hell did I get this confidence from?! Telling him to stay when I'm getting undressed. And matter of fact he did stay. Staring at me intently the entire time taking off his shirt and pants.

May I add he is ripped... I mean. Really ripped. Now seeing his body my confidence flew out of the window and ran to Mexico. I tried covering myself up, but he stopped me, sitting me down on my bed and kept looking at me while taking my pants off. Then he took off my bra. I covered quickly as possible and he groaned. He lifted my legs up and put them under the covers making the covers cover up to my neck. He slid in putting his arm around me. I could feel his heat radiating off of him and feel his breath tickle my ear.

"I don't ever want to see you in pain again... knowing I can't do anything about it. I love you."