|Chapter 16|

Chapter 16
Lurid
"Human beings, we have dark sides; we have dark issues in our lives. To progress anywhere in life, you have to face your demons."-John Noble

"How old are you?" I might sound noisy, but I just have to know.

"253." Oh... I kissed a old man?!

"How old is Kale?"

"267"

"Mmmhmmm." I said trying to think of another question. I actually have a shit ton, but I don't want to drown him in questions. It's obvious he doesn't age. What else could I ask?

"Are you the shadow..." I was afraid of his answer. I was hoping praying to God that he'll say yes! It was I! (English accent) but no he said this,

"No." I sucked in my last breath. It wasn't him?! "It was Scott." You have to be kidding me. "I made sure he'll be your doctor and that he'll always protect you. I didn't mean for him to frighten you. I just had to make sure you were okay." Angel said caressing my arm. I said another one of mmmhmmm's and asked another question.

"Why have you been visiting me in my dreams?" He looked down then looked up back at me smiling.

"Because we belong together. I knew that day when I saved your mother that we'll always be together." Kinda creepy of him knowing that when I was still in the stomach of my mother and still have webbed hands and a tail.

"How do you know that?"

"I just felt it. I feel it now. You don't feel it now, but you will soon and I'll make you a lurid. You won't have to be sick anymore Reign... you won't have to die anymore." He said taking my hands into his.

"But what if I want to die?" Angel stared into my eyes.

"You will never want to again. As long as I'm with you, I'll never let the darkness cloud your mind." He's so sure. I could almost rely on him, hoping that I will be better, but living forever? Wouldn't you hate looking the same all the time? And seeing your loved ones die? It took me a while to respond back to him. Everything is so surreal, him being immortal, what he is. Just everything's been unreal for me in less than 24 hours.

"It's late..." I said looking at my clock and it was 2:56am. "I'm going to go to bed." I got up and turned off the lights signaling that I'm going to bed and that he should leave. He didn't get the memo, because when I got into my bed he took the liberty of himself to slide in with me. "No no. Out." I said pointing to the door.

"No." Angel snaked his arms around me trying to cuddle. For the past five minutes I was struggling trying to pry his hands off of me. I finally stopped then huffed out loud giving up.

"Are you done?" I stayed silent. "Good. Now sleep." And then suddenly I drifted away.
~.~
I woke up the smell of bacon. That's odd, my mom is usually out before I wake up. I got out of bed shuffling into the kitchen seeing that everyone is here. I mean mugged them and sat down at my usual seat at the dinning room table. My mom sighed and proceeded back to cooking with Doctor Scott helping her and Angel and Kale setting up the table. Angel gave me a sweet smile I just stared at him blankly not giving any emotion even though his smile was beautiful. Angel smiled at me again laughing, what the-

"You could read minds?"

"Only yours." He said smiling brightly at me.

"And soon you'll hear mine as well." He leaned over and kissed my cheek. When I felt his warm soft lips tough my cheek I nearly collapsed.

"Why are you cooking?" I asked my ma when she came in with a plate full of bacon. My mouth watered.

"Because I want to Reign."

"Hmm." I said pouring myself orange juice when Doctor Scott set my plate down. I should just call him Scott now since he did used to be my doctor, has been haunting me, and he's a mythical creature. When they all sat down I was about to reach for the bacon until my ma slapped my hand pointing her finger at me. She told everyone to join hands and say grace. When finished I went back to the bacon and got eggs, French toast, and sausage. It was dead silent. So silent you could hear the hums from the electronics so, I decided to break the ice.

"So Scott, how did it feel to scare an innocent eighteen year old girl?" I asked smiling at him. He gulped down his orange juice.

"Look Reign, I'm so sorry. I knew you for years you know I would never intend to hurt you. You're like a daughter to me." He looked at me with sadness in his eyes. I can't stay mad at him. I wish I could. I wish I could stay mad at all of them, but I can't.

"It's okay." I said in a low voice looking down at my lap. "I forgive... all of you." I looked around the table, looking at all of their faces. "I understand why you kept it from me it's just I wish you would of told me sooner than later." We all finished our food and I went back into my room with Angle following right behind me.

"Will you stop following me like a lost puppy?" I asked annoyed.

"You know soon you'll be my wife."

"No I wouldn't." I said shaking my head then crossing my arms. He stepped closer to me. So close that I could smell his minty breath and feel the heat radiating off of his body.

"You'll love me soon. I know you'll love me as much as I love you." I sucked in my breath. "I know you don't feel the same way that I do, but I'll try my absolute hardest to be the perfect man for you." He looked down at my lips and quickly pulled me closer to him. "I want to kiss you so bad." He whispered staring at my lips. I want him to kiss me too. So bad, but I didn't want to seem desperate. Even though I already kissed him in a dream... I don't think that counts.

Technically I just meant him. The entire time I thought he was just a dream. "So bad." He whispered again feeling my bottom lip with his thumb. He put his forehead to mine and breathed out loud. "You're going to be the death of me Reign."

"You and I both."