|Chapter 15|

Chapter 15
Lurid
"Every candle that gets lit in the dark room must feel a little rejection from the darkness around it, but the last thing I want from those who hold a different world view to me is to accept me."-Kirk Cameron

I tossed and turned all night not being able to sleep and feeling a pair of eyes watching me. I huffed out loud throwing the covers off of my bed.

"Whoever the fuck is in my room, get out!" A few minutes passed and I got out of my bed turning my lights on seeing Angel sitting on my bed out of no where scaring me half to death.

"AHH"-I said holding my chest-"don't you ever do that again!" I walked in front of him putting my hands on my hips. He was smirking at me, moving the piece of hair from his eyes. "Can you not watch me while I'm sleeping? I'm not your Bella to your Swan." Angel tilted his head.

"What?" Of course he wouldn't know. What boy watches twilight?

"You wanna be Edward Cullen?"-he just sat there- "Just go twinkle somewhere else." I said shooing my hand towards my window.

"We need to talk." He said standing up and giving me hopeful eyes that make his eyes twinkle. Ha, I'm not going to fall for that.

"No." I said crossing my arms.

"Why not?" Did he just seriously ask me that? I gave him a did you just seriously ask me that look. "Please."

"No." I walked towards my door and opened it.

"Leave."

"Fine, I'll just show you." He grabbed my head with his hands and looked into my eyes, his eyes turning pure black.

I was running through the fields and saw Angel running beside me.

"Kale! Stay focus!" Angel said taking out an old fashion gun. Why is he calling me Kale? We stopped running and was looking all around us.

"I think they're gone." I said breathing heavily. I took out a knife that was on my waste and put it into my hands in a steady position looking out for anybody that wants to do a sneak attack. I heard Angel laugh.

"Relax brother, they aren't here anymore." He said going by the river and splashing water on to his face.

"You never know." Someone grabbed Angel from under water. I ran to him and jumped into the river, pulling the person up and stabbing him on his side while he was trying to drown me. I swam away from the person and dragged Angel out of the river. When I did, the person stabbed me in the back making me fall on top of Angel. Angel shoved me off sitting up and pulling the knife out, throwing it into the persons eye.

"Ahh."

"It's okay brother." He picked me up over his shoulders and we quickly got to our village.

"Mom! Help!" Our mother came running to our aid looking worried.

"What happened?" She asked while Angel was sitting me down on the blanket next to the fire.

"Get the witch."

"But-"

"Now."- he looked at me trying to give me a reassuring smile. "Hold on a little longer." I tried nodding and keeping my breath steady, but each breath I took felt like sharp needles plugging at my heart.

"What happened?" The witch said. Angel told her how I got stabbed on the back, but the blade was so long that it got into my heart. My breath became faint and suddenly I began to feel tired. I closed my eyes and went into the darkness.
~.~
I was looking down at Kales body urging the witch to do something.

"What I'll do to him... he won't be the same."

"I don't care. Just do it!" She put her hand on Kale's hurt and black sparks started to swim around her hands. I looked at my mom crying her eyes out. I had to stay strong for her. Seconds later. Kale rises up breathing hard looking around him.

"What just happened?"

I was sucked back to reality looking up at Angel. I was confused on so many levels. I look at him a littler longer then asked,

"You have to die to become a lurid?" He nodded his head slowly pleased that I catched on with my mom dying and becoming a lurid and Kale also. "Is Kale actually your brother?"

"Yes... He was born first. His dad was black and his mother white, my mother also. His father died in a war when he was only five years old. Our my mom was depressed for almost two years until a new man made her see light again, my dad. He to was killed in the war when I was still a baby. My mom didn't get as depressed she did last time, because she always said God blessed her with two beautiful sons." He smiled softly looking down at his feet then back to me.

"Fine."

"Fine what?"

"Fine. I'll talk to you. I have a lot of questions and you better answer all of them."