|Chapter 7|

Chapter 7
Lurid
"Maybe I should lay here and wait for the stars and moon to sleep."- Anonymous

I've been sitting here in my bed for the longest. Yeah my mom is going to work, yeah she's cooking for me, and making sure I take my daily pill. I'm not having a dream inside a dream anymore, this isn't inception even though I kinda wish it was so I could get out of this nightmare and be with Leonardo Dicaprio.

I stayed up all night ever since I came home back from the hospital, because I still feel like I'm being watched and I'm afraid that thing will come back to my dreams again. And my blue eyes has been absent. My life right now is a tv with one channel. He's the only thing really what I look forward to when I sleep (besides being well rested) I shook my head trying to clear my thoughts.

I got up from my bed and walked to the kitchen wanting to get something to drink. When I opened the fridge there was a note on the coke bottle saying, Reign, you better not drink this drink. It's bad for you. I rolled my eyes and took off the sticky note to see there was another one there. I'm warning you. I laughed a little at my mom and how childish she could be.

I got out a cup and poured myself something to drink. When I closed the fridge the black figure was there. I stood there frozen. It felt like my heart dropped to my stomach and all of the air left my body. When the figure started to move that's when I was back to reality and ran the hell out of dodge. I ran outside my front door thinking I was free, but I was back in my kitchen. I looked around confused then I went for my back door and was back in the kitchen. I started to freak out and ran inside my room shutting and locking the door. I got my chair and put it against the lock of my door. I backed away and when I heard a knock on the door, I jumped.

"Reign?... Reign I know you're in there." I covered my mouth with my hand so he wouldn't hear my loud breathing. "I won't hurt you. Just come out so we could talk." How can a creature like him talk so cordial? He's a fucking solid shadow for crying out loud. I sat down, pulled my legs close to my chest, and started to rock back and forth covering my ears while it banged my door. I started to chant,

"I'm just dreaming, I'm just dreaming. It's just a horrible dream Reign. It isn't real, it isn't real. I'm dreaming, I'm dre-"

"But you aren't." I screamed out loud and stumbled back looking up at the black figure. It took its hand out for me to hold, but I just stared at it. "Please trust me Reign. I'll never hurt you."

"What are you? Who are you?" It breathed out loud.

"You'll know soon." Before I could say anything the figure disappeared. I looked around my room. And sighed in relief. I got up and searched the entire house making sure it isn't here anymore. When I noticed it wasn't here anymore, I left my lights on in my room, turned the tv on, and got into my bed watching whatever was tv. I couldn't sleep.

Sleep couldn't come to me, because of how scared I was. I was scared that it was going to come back in my dreams, I was scared that it was going to visit me again in real life. I looked at the clock beside my bed and it was 1:15am. I decided to call my mom so I could get at least a little comfort so I could sleep.

"Hey sweetie. What's wrong? Are you okay?"

"Yes I'm fine. I just can't sleep." I sighed breathing heavily.

"Well try to sleep Reign."

"When will you be back?" It took her a while to answer.

"Not long. I'll see you soon. I love you bye." She quickly hanged up.

"I love you too." I said to the hanged up call. I sat my phone down by my bed and looking up at the white ceiling thinking,

"What the hell is happening to me?"

~.~

"Reign sweetie, wake up." I heard my mom say when I was in a light slumber. I looked up at her rubbing my eyes.

"Good morning mom." She smiled brightly at me and gave me my daily pill and a glass of water. I took the pill and drunk the water then sat the empty cup down beside my bed.

"You need to stop forgetting to take your pills."-yeah whatever-"so, how did you sleep?"

Should I tell her about the events that happened last night? If I do she might think it's another one of my black outs or something. But if I keep it to myself, wouldn't drive me crazy? I don't want to end up in the mad house.

"Reign?" My mom said snapping me out of my thoughts when she was indeed snapping her fingers in my face.

"I slept alright. It wasn't the best." I said shrugging at the last part.

"Well okay, I just got home an hour ago. I'm going to take a nap now."- she said kissing my forehead-"see in a few hours sweetie." She said walking away. I turned to my side and stared at the open space.

What if the events that happened last night wasn't really real? What if I really am going mad... maybe this was going to happen sooner or later, but in this case it's sooner. But it all felt so real. Every little fear, every little hairs standing up on my skin. I could even feel that my goosebumps were having goosebumps. It was real. I just wish I knew who that person or thing is. Maybe it was just a fragment of my imagination, but it wasn't. It was all real.