|Chapter 2|

Chapter 2
Lurid
"There is no darkness when I go to sleep; the wicked, as they say, never truly rest. I see blinding flashes of desperate arms reaching out, I hear cries for help over the crackling of burning wood, the ashen remains and the gut-wrenching smell of charred bodies."- Alex Tanner

"She's fine Ms. Battle, her body just got in a state of shock and somehow her lower body stopped working." My ma finally helped me cool down. I was sitting next to her in the patience room squeezing her hand tightly. The last time this happen I was only fifteen. The doctors said it wouldn't happen again, because the medicine they have me will prevent it... don't trust doctors.

"At least I could walk." I said touching my face with my hands. "Can I go home now?" The doctor nodded his head at me and I stood up fixing my jacket.

"Baby don't smoke." My ma said sounding worried.

"I won't make any promises." I said taking out my cigaret and walking outside to light it up. I took a long drag from it looking at the orange and yellow leaves. Autumn is the best season of all the seasons in my opinion. I mean who doesn't love Halloween? Forget Thanksgiving. I only like the food, not the family gathers. They're just thankful I could make it every Thanksgiving. If you know what I mean. I started to walk down the street and kept walking and walking until I stopped and saw a bar right besides me. Luckily I have my fake ID and can drink my self to death. Literally. I went into the bar and ordered five shots of vodka before the bartender asked for my ID. I took one shot after another and after another. I think I took more than five shots, because the bartender stopped serving me. Asshole, I'm the one paying him so he should give me my drinks. I stubbled out into the street getting weird looks from people.

"What the fuck are you looking at?!" I screamed with my words slurring a little, at a young lady wearing a skimpy outfit. I could tell she's not a natural blond and her tan almost makes her look orange. She's with an old man with a flashy suite. I doubt that's her dad.

"I could see your bald spots." The old man said to me. Him and his date started to laugh at me.

"Well that fake blond is only with you for your money. Go find someone your own age before your time is up." I said walking away. You could call it that since I stubbled and wobbled the entire time. When I finally reached home I had trouble putting the key into the key hole.
"Fucking hole too got damn loose." I said banging on the door." Open fucking sesame!" I think it worked, because the door opened, but by my ma. I rolled my eyes when I walked in, because she was giving me a stern look.

"You weren't home earlier." She said making me face her.

"No shit." I asked.

"Reign, watch your goddamn mouth."

"You watch yours." Hypocrite.

"I'm grown."

"So am I."

"Not until you pay the bills you aren't." I hate when she says that. I started to walk away towards the stairs.

"Where are you going?" My ma said sounding tired.

"To my sanctuary where peasants aren't aloud." I turned around to see her staring at me.

"You're drunk, typical. You know you can't handle alcohol Reign." She said laughing and shaking her head.

"I can! You know what ma?!"

"What Reign?" She said smiling. Oh she thinks this is funny? I'll show her.

"I FUCKING LOVE YOU! SO MUCH!" I said stumping up to my bedroom and collapsed into my bed instantly falling asleep.