Chapter 6

"You sure you guys aren't dating?" Zach whispered to Matthew at the dinner table. Red bloomed across Matthew's face and he glared at Zach before gesturing across the table where their parents were seating. Their father, Ryan, was focused on the book he had in his hands while their mother, Kate, was eyeing them suspiciously.

'The tension is so thick that one could cut it with a knife..' Matthew thought as he tried to get rid of his blush. Zach continued to quietly tease Matthew while Kate watched. After a while, Ryan finally spoke up, making Matthew jump slightly. 

"Alright, why do you keep whispering to your brother Zach?" Ryan questioned as he put his book down on the table. Matthew tensed up as he heard Zach snicker softly next to him before telling their father that he should hear it from Matthew instead of him. Matthew shook his head as Ryan turned to look at him.

"Oh my gosh!" Kate suddenly exclaimed with a wide smile. "Matthew, you're in love!" Matthew's blush darkened drastically as he looked at their mother with wide eyes. His mouth opened and closed like a fish, trying to form a sentence. However, the words refused to leave his mouth and he just sat there silently.

Zach started to laugh and Ryan chuckled before asking. "So, who is he?" This caused Matthew to lean back and fall off his chair, falling on the floor. He groaned in pain and embarrassment as he got off the ground, rubbing the back of his head. 

"W-What do you mean by 'he' Dad!?" Matthew exclaimed, blushing furiously. 

"Son, we all know that you and your brother are gay so you might as well just tell us who this boy is." Ryan explained. Matthew was shocked by the sudden information. He looked at Zach who was now also blushing and muttering to himself before looking back at their parents, who confirmed his thoughts.

"ZACH IS GAY!? HOLY SHIT- WHO'S YOUR BOYFRIEND?" Matthew blurted out loud. Zach hit his brother on the arm before running into his room. Ryan rolled his eyes and picked up his phone, scrolling through what Matthew thought were messages. Kate sat there trying not to laugh at her sons, smiling widely at Matthew.

"Here it is!" Ryan exclaimed, showing his phone to Matthew. "This is your brother's boyfriend Kyler Saito, he's half-Japanese." The photo on Ryan's phone showed Zach smiling as he stood next to a slightly taller male who looked a year or so older than Zach. Kyler had red hair with black roots and chestnut brown eyes. He wore a pair of black, round-framed glasses with a white button-up shirt and some jeans.

"He looks familiar.." Matthew says as he studied the picture more. "Did he come over before or something?" 

"He came over a few times in the past." Kate says just as someone knocked on the door. "Anyways, go call your brother down for dinner." 

---------------------

Welp- This was short and boring but I hope ya'll enjoyed it. I don't really have anything to say so I'll see you guys in the next chapter.