Chapter 5

"So, are you dating my brother?" Zach asked with a smirk on his face. He glanced over at Matthew who was hiding his flushed face behind a pillow before looking back at Jace. Jace looked down at his lap in embarrassment, mumbling his words as he fiddled with his fingers.

Xx Flashback xX

As the boys walked home, Matthew felt bold and decided to hold Jace's hand the rest of the way. Not that Jace was complaining, he actually felt elated that Matthew was starting to feel comfortable around him. They started to casually chat as they walked on and Jace would occasionally crack a few jokes to make Matthew laugh when things started to get awkward.
When Matthew got home, Jace gave him a kiss on the cheek and smiled. "See you at school tomorrow kitten." Matthew smiled back and blushed a light shade of pink, bidding farewell to Jace. Just as Jace was about to leave, the front door opened and there stood Matthew's brother who was smirking devilishly. Jace turned around to face the older boy, awkwardly saying hi to him. He looked over at Matthew who looked like he wanted to crawl into a hole and die of embarrassment, which Jace found really adorable.

"Hi, I'm Matthew's older brother Zach." He stated before adding,"Why don't you come in for awhile so I can get to know you?" Zach stepped aside to allow them to enter the house, which they did. Matthew ran in and immediately hid in his room while Jace awkwardly stood in the living room, glancing around. "Sit down, I'll go get Matt." Zach told Jace before walking upstairs to drag Matthew out of his room. Jace complied and sat down on the sofa, taking out his phone to text Zero.

Jace: Hey, I'll be late so just go through the window or something

Zero: Why?

Jace: His bro saw me and now I'm in his house

Zero: His parents home?

Jace: Don't think so

Zero: Okay, text me when you leave. I'll wait for you

Jace: 'Kay, seeya

Zero: Seeya

Jace put his phone back in his pocket as Zach took(dragged) Matthew to the living room. Matthew's face was bright red and the tips of his ears were tinted with pink, showing how embarrassed he was feeling. "So.."

Xx End of flashback xX

"Zach shut the fuck up!" Matthew shouted through the pillow with embarrassment. Zach let out a chuckle and looked back at Jace, waiting for his answer. Matthew groaned and tugged at Jace's shirt to pull him closer, which Jace did. Jace looked at Matthew curiously as the smaller boy removed the pillow from his flushed face and mouthed the words: 'Just stay silent, he'll stop asking sooner or later' to him before covering his face again. Jace smiled at Matthew's cuteness and nodded slightly, patting his head.

"So? I'm waiting for an answer Jace." Zach said with a smirk planted on his face. "I can wait all night but Dad and Mom are coming back soon Matthew, so I'll advice you guys to spill the tea before they get back. Unless.."

Matthew tensed up and lowered the pillow to glare at his smirking brother. "Don't you fucking dare Zachery Kingston or I will fucking hurt you!" He shouted, his once blushing face turned into a mixture of anger and embarrassment. Jace's eyes widened at Matthew's sudden outburst while Zach burst into a fit of unstoppable laughter.
Matthew threw the pillow at Zach, hitting the older male straight in the face. This time, Jace laughed and Matthew smirked at his brother in victory.

Suddenly, the brothers both received a text from their parents: We're coming back from work soon, could you guys order dinner? We left some money on the counter. Zach's smirk turned into a devilish grin as he saw Matthew's frightened expression. Knowing what Zach would possibly do, Matthew gave up and answered Zach with a trembling voice. 

"Jace, wanna sta-"

"We're just friends, not lovers." Matthew cut in quickly before Zach could finish his question. He looked over at Jace with pleading eyes, begging him to follow along. Jace shrugged and nodded, leaving Zach sighing in defeat. 

"I should go now, Zero's waiting for me with my stuff." Jace said, patting the smaller male's head. Matthew nodded and got up to open the door for Jace. Zach also got up and apologized to the boys for making assumptions before walking into the kitchen. 

Matthew unlocked the door and Jace walked out, Matthew following behind. He shut the door behind him and stood with his head facing down in embarrassment. "Hey uh.. sorry about my brother, he's like that sometimes." Jace chuckled and said it was fine, giving Matthew a quick hug. 

"But Kitten, what you said earlier.." Jace says, a smirk forming on his face. He crouched down to be face-to-face with Matthew and winked at him. "You forgot to add 'yet' at the end."

Matthew's eyes widened and a dark red blush bloomed across his face. "Sh-Shut your s-stupid mouth u-up!" Matthew stuttered uncontrollably, looking away from Jace with a pout. Jace laughed and kissed Matthew on the cheek before standing straight again. 

"Seeya tomorrow, Kitten." Jace teased, walking down the steps of the porch. Matthew reached out and grabbed Jace's shirt shyly, stopping him from walking. Jace turned around to face the blushing boy and raised his brow curiously.
"Anything else you need?" Jace asked.

Matthew looked up at Jace before leaning forward and briefly pecking him on the lips. Jace blushed and a small smile formed on his face upon seeing the shorter boy in front of him feeling embarrassed but also trying to show his love towards the taller teen.

"What was that for?" Jace chuckled.

"Just go.." Matthew pouted cutely.

"Alright, love ya!" Matthew paused, wondering if he should reply as he watched Jace walk away happily with a spring in his step. 

"I love you too.." Matthew smiled softly to himself, walking back into his home to help his brother decide what to eat for dinner that night.