Chapter 11

--- January 28, 16:45 ---

Sophie's wrists and ankles were strapped tightly to the rusty metal chair. She sat there unconsciously, so vulnerable..

Tape covered her mouth and a length of cloth prevented her from looking around at the dark and dusty warehouse she was in. Bruises and cuts adorned Sophie's arms and thighs, some were deeper cuts while some were in the midst of healing.

Jace chuckled as he saw the state she was in. He stood up and walked over to the blonde, who's hair was stained with bits of blood. 
"Aww, you're asleep?" The black haired boy grabbed a bucket and poured its contents onto Sophie, waking her up. "I don't remember giving you permission to doze off, Bitch!"

The blonde was shivering in the cold and her body was dripping wet with whatever Jace poured into her. He landed a slap on her face, the impact causing her head to turn as she let out a muffled cry. A tear rolled down her bruised face and her fingers twitched with fear.

"I almost feel sorry for you.." Jace said to her with a tone of false sympathy. "Tell you what, I'm gonna give you a minute to convince me to set you free; go."
He paused for a few seconds before laughing at her like a maniac. "I'm sorry, I forgot you can't speak!"

He ripped the tape off of Sophie's mouth and watched her in disgust as she coughed out a few drops of blood onto the floor. 
"You're a sick bastard.." Sophie said hoarsely. Her throat was dry after a few hours of having her mouth taped shut. 

Jace's lips twisted into a snarl. He gripped her by the hair, making her cry out in pain.
"I don't think you should be speaking to me like that when your life is in my hands." He let go of her and left the room. Sophie spat blood onto the floor and growled. She let her mind run wild with ways to get revenge on Jace once she got out of that warehouse.

---

A few hours passed before Jace returned. This time, Sophie could hear the sound of a trolley being pushed into the room. She was confused at this, since she could not detect any hints of food being brought to her. She heard Jace's footsteps getting closer to her so she pretended to be asleep, praying that he would leave her alone.

"I know you're awake, Bitch. I'm not the one wearing a blindfold y'know."

Jace spoke in a calm manner, but Sophie could tell that Jace was feeling the exact opposite of what he was sounding like. She grew suspicious of the trolley as she heard it being pushed to her side, flinching when the cold and rusty metal cart brushed across her leg. 

A few minutes of silence passed before Sophie suddenly felt a cold and sharp blade being dragged across her thigh. It cut her, going deeper and deeper as the cut grew in size. She hissed in pain as she felt warm blood start to trickle down her leg.
Jace watched as the blood started to stain the dirty floor, a sick smile forming on his face. He brought the blade to Sophie's other leg and stabbed it into her thigh. Blood poured from the wound, splattering onto Jace's hands and face. Sophie let out an agonizing scream, struggling against her restraints.

"Let me go you asshole!" She cried, a steady flow of tears starting to fall down her face.

"Stop moving!" The male slapped her across the face. He took another blade from the trolley and stabbed it into her abdomen, just missing her kidney by a few millimeters. This caused Sophie to go limp, passing out due to the excruciating pain. Jace sighed in annoyance as Sophie's blood spurted out of the new wound and soaked his shirt in the crimson liquid,  he had more things to clean up now.
Jace left to get himself cleaned up. He soon returned with a small first-aid kit and begun to tend to Sophie's wounds to the best of his abilities. After cleaning her wounds and bandaging them to prevent an infection, he got a cloth and tried his best to clean up the blood that was pooled around the girl's feet and the chair.

It took awhile, but once Jace was satisfied with cleaning up, he walked off to get changed into new clothes. 'I gotta hurry before Zero gets suspicious.' Jace thought, making sure that he was clean of any bloodstains. He needed to get home to put his bloody clothes to wash before going out again since Zero had asked to meet up with him to hang out at their usual haunt. If he was late to their meeting, Zero was sure to suspect that something was up.

'I'll continue with her tomorrow.' He whistled a casual tune as he made his way to his motorcycle, which was parked just outside the warehouse.

---

Walking up a grassy hill, Jace waved as he saw his best friend. Zero gave him a smile in response and questioned him for being later than their agreed timing. He apologized and lied that he had to stop by the gas station since his tank was low on fuel. Lucky for him, Zero bought the excuse. The sky soon got dark and the two started to make their way home. Since they lived near each other, the two chatted as they walked home together.

"By the way, where were you earlier?" Zero suddenly asked.

Jace faked a confused expression, "What do you mean?"

"Well, Matthew texted me. He asked where you were since he couldn't contact you." Zero was now eyeing Jace with suspicion written all over his face. "Were you-"

"No, I wasn't." Jace interrupted him. "I was at the cemetery again."
Zero was silent and looked regretful for asking. Before he could apologize to Jace, the taller brushed it off and said that he wasn't affected.

The rest of their way back, the two walked in silence. Zero was feeling awkward about their earlier conversation while Jace's mind was thinking of excuses to explain why he had ignored Matthew's texts and calls.