Chapter 14 - The Proposal

Sarah Collins' POV

Lara came to my office while I was chatting with George when we got back to work after 5 days off. George pinned his eyes in her direction and examined her from head to toe. I hate it when George does that because it is kind of unpleasant to look at. Lara noticed George's prickly gawk that made her bow her head in embarrassment.

"Sarah, George, we already made a reservation in Saadiyat Island Resort for our New Year celebration party. Party will start at 8 pm." Lara stated softly. She handed us a piece of paper which I assumed was the invitation for the party.

I took the piece of paper that was handed to me and smiled at her. "Thank you, Lara."

She nodded and responded politely, "No problem, Ms. Sarah." She headed towards the door and left.

"I couldn't believe you were capable of being nice to your ex-husband's potential date." George commented acidly.

"There's no reason for me to be rude to her. She didn't do anything to me." I replied calmly. "And besides, I'm happy that Andrew is here."

"Yeah, I can tell. I noticed that Alex was cold to you these days." George stood up from the sofa and sat on the chair in front of me.

"Actually, I don't really care." I muttered proudly. Do I not really care that my ex-husband isn't paying attention to me nowadays?

"I presume you're going to take Andrew to the party. Isn't that too awkward; your ex-husband and your boyfriend at the same party?" George asked in disapproval.

"I'm going to take Andrew to the party as my date. It wouldn't be awkward because Andrew had no idea who Alex was." I uttered coolly. I took my phone out of my bag and called Andrew. I knew Andrew was out today to meet his friend but he immediately answered my call.

"Hello, baby! Is there anything I can do for you?" Andrew said sweetly over the phone. I can hear the noise around him but didn't bother. I was just too happy that Andrew flew over to Abu Dhabi to surprise me and celebrate Christmas with me. That was very sweet of him.

"Our company is going to have a New Year celebration party in Saadiyat Island Resort and I want you to come with me as my date." I said in a very pleasing tone.

Andrew chuckled. "Really, you want me to go to the party as your date?" He asked innocently. I knew he was trying to sound cute and he only liked to hear how much I wanted him to be there.

"Of course, babe. I want you to come with me." I stated firmly.

"Baby, as much as I want to go with you, I really can't. I promised Blake that I'd meet him tomorrow. You remember Blake, right honey?" Andrew uttered in apologetic manner.

I knew he didn't want to disappoint me but I couldn't help but get pissed with the thought. "Yeah, I remember him babe." I said lifelessly.

"I'm so sorry baby. But don't worry; I'll try to attend the party even if I'm late." He replied in a very assuring manner.

"Okay, babe. I know you haven't seen your best friend for years. You can go and meet him. George will accompany me at the party." I uttered kindly. There's no point of me getting mad at him knowing that he has never seen his best friend for 5 years.

George whispered goodbye to me as I was talking on the phone with Andrew. When he opened the door, I glanced at Alex and David as they passed by my office and chatted with George for a bit. Alex was carrying a guitar and I wondered why. I quickly dismissed Andrew by saying that I had important things to do and ran to George's work station to find out.

"Why is Alex carrying a guitar?" I curiously asked. I was panting when I reached George's desk.

"Are you crazy, woman? You ran over here with your heels on?" George shrieked. "David looks devastatingly handsome in the shirt and tie that you gave him."