Chapter 16 - The Announcement

Alex Karydi's POV

"I had a bad feeling about this, Joe. I knew it!" I hissed in exasperation. My irresponsible cousin was in exile because he didn't show up on his wedding day. His bride and her family were really furious. He ran away not because he was scared that the unfortunate bride's family would do something to hurt him. Nobody can lay a hand on Joe Karydi. Our family is one of the most influential families in Greece. He ran away because he knew his dad would kill him for dishonouring our family.

"You already chastised me when we talked on the phone the other day. Enough already." Joe sighed in resignation. He seemed too pissed with my constant admonishment ever since he landed in Abu Dhabi. He took some chocolates from his pocket and started eating to distract himself and to prevent a dispute from happening.

"If you want to stay here, you need to behave. Do you understand?" I said angrily.

"Chill, mate. I'm sure Joe will behave. Right, Joe?" David was certain that my devil cousin wouldn't do anything stupid. How can he be so sure? I grew up with him and I knew how irresponsible and inconsiderate he was. I actually thought he was Satan's twin.

"Shut up and drive, Carter. You have no idea how horrible this son of the devil is." David and Joe chuckled. What's so funny? I wonder.

"That's right, David! I've always wanted to come here and start my conquest. You know, dating and bringing girls home. Did you see the girl in green at the airport earlier? Damn, she's so hot! She has very beautiful eyes. I wish I could look into those eyes while taking her to paradise." Joe shamelessly announced.

"Skata! I'm warning you, Joe. You can go to jail if you mess up with those Arab women." I yelled irately at him. He continued talking as if he didn't hear what I said.

"Are you dating someone, David?" Joe asked coolly. The devil completely ignored me.

"Yes. I'm actually dating 3 girls at the moment. Two British-Lebanese and one Irish." David proudly stated.

"Great! Why waste your womanizing skills when you can have any girl that you want? Are there beautiful girls in your workplace?" Joe enquired curiously.

"Yes. But she's off limits." David stared at me and grinned. He noticed that Joe's stupid remarks started to get into my nerves.

"Why? Did you hit on her? Try harder. It might work." Joe winked at David. He was really getting into my nerves.

David chuckled, "I wish I could, bro. She's my dream girl. But I can't hit on her because your cousin will kill me."

"Why would Alex do that? Are they dating?" Joe muttered innocently. His insensitivity stroke again. I didn't know whether he was dense or just plain stupid.

"No. She was Alex's wife." David replied humorously.

"Oh, the petite beauty! I was hitting on her until I found out she was Alex's fiancée. Perfect girl!" Joe commented thoughtlessly. This was one of the reasons why I quit inviting him to parties and group dates with me. He always hit on my friend's dates; and worse, my dates. How imperceptive of him! My friends never liked him. He and David, on the other hand, get along really well. Thank God Sarah was smart enough not to fall for his games. She turned him down flat. He thought Sarah was just playing hard to get and was one of the girls who were swooning over for him. He continued to woo her until he found out that Sarah was my girlfriend.

I glowered at them and spoke, "If you want to talk and fantasize about my wife, please don't do it in front of me because I might be tempted to slay both of you."

Joe flashed an evil grin. "I knew Sarah had a huge crush on me." He declared pompously. How insensitive. When will he learn to be considerate?

I wanted to choke him and take away that smug look on his face. If I could go on a killing spree right now, these two would be in my slaughter list.