Chapter 16

The night progressed slowly as we walked around and spoke to everyone we knew. It felt nice to see many familiar faces from other schools especially the ones from my summer job as a tutor. Everybody was enjoying themselves and many lets just say had too much to drink. Others just came to get a partner for the night. 

Both of which didn't seem that smart. 

" uh Lilly, some girl is coming to you" Maria whispered nudging my shoulder as I looked over and saw Jennifer coming to me. 

She had a smile on her face, and it wasn't that fake type either. More of a friendly type which was nice I did not want some girl telling me off for hanging out with Cameron. 

" hey! you must be Lilly, Cameron has told me so much about you, I'm Jennifer by the way" She grinned reaching her hand out. 

I smiled back shaking her hand lightly. Her hair was curled to perfection and the dress hung onto her curves nicely, some black tights to go along with it. Overall she was beautiful and I didn't wonder why Cameron dated this girl. 

" he did not mention you whatsoever" I replied feeling bad about that. She giggled shaking her head.

" I mean it would be normal for him not to mention the ex girlfriend to his new girlfriend which they have kids " She told me as we moved over to the side as people were walking past us. 

" I'm not his girlfriend, we're just partners in a project and they aren't really our kids" I explained a bit confused as to why she thought we were together. 

Unless he told her something. 

" oh, I'm sorry" She widened her eyes placing a hand over her mouth looking a bit embarrassed. Her cheeks turned a bright red.

" it's fine, don't worry about it, so what exactly did he say?" I ask her as she giggled, pushing her hair to the side. 

" nothing bad, I promise" She smirked looking over to where Cameron stood in the corner talking to some guys. 

He glanced over at us and immediately his face went pale. His whole posture changed and he was soon frantically telling his friend something. 

" he is definitely freaking out" I said as Jennifer giggled watching him glance at us every few seconds.

We both smiled at him and waved as he awkwardly waved back looking shocked. I guess he told her not to come and speak to me but she did anyways. 

The conversation flowed from then on and we talked about school and what we wanted to do in the future, the colleges we wanted to attend. It was really nice to talk to her and she was not like any girls that Cameron had been with, I mean for starters she did not threaten my life and tell me to back off. 

" Lilly! I have been looking all over for you, you blend in so well" Jace yelled coming over to me with his arms wide open. 

I let him wrap his arms around me as usual. He was a very cuddly person and loved to hug people when tipsy and upset. I could tell he was tipsy at the moment with the way his eyes shone. The cup in his hand was not his first or his last knowing Jace. 

" Jennifer this is my best friend who is currently wasted" I muttered grabbing the cup away from him and throwing it into the trash can a few feet away from us. 

Immediately his eyes widened at the sight of her as he grinned stepping closer. Jennifer looked a bit hesitant but with a kind smile she said hello as he returned a smile in return. 

" is somebody awestruck Jace" I laughed ruffling his hair up a bit. 

" I am not that" He replied with a pout. " you are very pretty" He looked over at Jennifer who was blushing a deep red.