Chapter 12

It was another chilly day in October, the leaves were all changing colors slowly falling off the trees. It was stunning to look out my window into the crowd of trees out there. Sure it would a bother raking them but it was worth the view. 

" so how was your night" My dad asked taking a seat beside me at the island. I shrugged taking another bite out of my muffin. 

" same old, watched some movies, ate some snacks" I tell him as he gives that look. 

The look that means he knows something. And then it dawns on me. I forgot to tell him that Cameron stayed the night. It totally slipped my mind. I mean he wouldn't have a problem with it, well now he would thinking it was done on purpose. 

" I have this amazing app that connects to my security cameras outside the home, and I find it amazing that Cameron came and didn't leave until like 4 in the morning" My dad chuckled, giving me a sarcastic smile. 

" I was scared, and I invited him" I explained trying to make it seem like nothing really happen.

Meanwhile everything happened. 

Literally after I stripped down into shorts and only a sweatshirt no shirt underneath it turned a bit hectic. I wasn't proud of myself at some moments. Like the one where I let loose and we made out for a good ten minutes. 

But hey we all make mistakes and I kicked him out after that. I wasn't a girl who randomly made out with guys. Sure Cam was someone I could trust but that makeout session should not have happened. 

 " alright sweetie, just making sure" My dad replied as the doorbell rang. 

Before any of us could get up, Jace entered the house with Maria trailing behind as usual. They were both smiling holding up two tickets and waving them around as if they won the lottery. 

" hey mr dad" She grinned hugging my dad tightly as Jace joined in, still clutching the tickets in front of him. 

" why are there two kids hanging off me" My dad whispered giving me a mortified look. I giggled getting up and grabbing the two tickets. 

" so we're kicking you out of the house Saturday night to some old people concert" Maria explained taking a few steps back. 

Sure enough the tickets were to a symphonic band concert somewhere in another town. My dad took them out of my hand and read the small details. 

" what are you planning to do " My dad questioned glaring at Jace, he was always the first one to get the lecture out of us three. 

It was because all the stupid things we have ever done were his and not ours. 

" it's going to be movie night for the three of us" Jace replied grabbing an apple from our basket. I raised an eyebrow knowing that a full on lie. 

" somehow my mind is telling me someone is heading off to a party and they want my daughter to come" My dad smirked sitting back down on his chair, taking a sip of his coffee. 

Maria looked over at Jace as they began to make angry faces at one another. 

" how did you know" She whispered sitting beside him with a questioning gaze. 

" well my colleagues were talking about it, because their son told everyone where he was going to be Saturday night" My dad shrugged.

" so can she go? I'll take good care of her, I'll even put her on a leash so she doesn't run away" Jace exclaimed as I gasped, throwing a banana at his head. He dodged by a good inch, picking it up from the ground.