Chapter 18

Luke's POV

I'm sitting on my bed in my apartment, feeling extremely lonely.

A flashback goes through my head, replaying what happened half an hour ago.

"Fine, if danger is involved, we have to at least try to stay away." Charlotte gulped, getting out of her car and walking inside.

I quickly follow her. "I'm sorry." I call out.

She doesn't turn around.

She's doing a lot better than I am.

I take out my phone and check the text message Derrick sent to me twenty minutes ago.

His place at 7. Important things to discuss. Mandatory meeting tonight.

He was a life ruiner for sure.

I sigh, rubbing my temples. I take a drink of my coffee, when a certain cabinet across the room caught my eye.

I quickly went over to open it. There were a few papers in there. Leaving the cabinet open, I grabbed the one other piece of paper from my nightstand and added it in the bottom of the pile. Memories of writing these flashed in my head.

Love-

You consume every part of my mind, every part of the day.

You have changed the type of road I was destined to travel on.

You modified the kind of experiences I'd have.

I was just a normal, messed up, teenager.

I was someone with a story not worth telling.

But you changed all that.

You made my story interesting.

My life worth living.

There was always a part of me that reached out for you.

Goodnight x

That was written a long time ago. Cheesy. And there was yet another letter in the pile.

Love-

I want him to rot in hell.

I know you don't want me to say that, but I have to.

And then there's Tyler.

And then there's Michael.

They get on every single nerve I have.

I know you also don't want me to say that, but it's always for the best.

Anyways, goodnight x

I gulped, remembering when I wrote those letters. They weren't dated, though. But I knew exactly what day it was.

Love-

Thank you for being there for me.

Without you, I'd be nothing.

You taught me a new emotion.

Something abstract called love.

Love is different than anything.

Happiness is simply when you feel your smile on your face, or hear your laughs ringing in the room. It can be shown in many different forms and feel different to others, but it's just...happiness. Everyone knows happiness is a good thing.