Chapter 27

Charlotte 

As I wake up in Luke's arms, everything that had happened yesterday comes flooding back.

We had both been so vulnerable, telling each other everything.

I was really proud of him for finally owning up to telling me what he should've, however, he was really good at the timing, because it was right when my craving for his story had died down.

I reached over to check my phone. It was nearly nine o'clock in the morning. I should really get up.

I carefully removed Luke's arm from my body, and crawled out of bed as quietly and undisturbing as possible.

I make sure that Luke is still sleeping, which he is, and I take off his sweatpants and drape them over the chair where he'll be able to see them clearly.

I tiptoe out of his apartment and into mine.

When I open the door, a fairly cool breeze wraps itself around me, and it feels nice after a night-long warm embrace.

I find some clothes and throw them on, and put on just a bit of makeup.

It was November twentieth.

Shoot. November twentieth meant a certain someone's birthday. Michael's.

I hadn't gotten him anything. We made up like, two days ago, and I hadn't even realized until now that he would be turning twenty-three.

I grab everything I needed and rushed out of my apartment, and heading down the the store.

Obiviously Target.

Now, I understand that a lot of people are confused as to why people like Target. Um, excuse me? Can you not tell?

Clearly the Barbies and the fishing rods on sale don't catch my eye, but they will catch a different person's. What catches my eye are the cheap bikinis and quality home necessities. Let's be real.

You can seriously bring anyone with you to Target and not only will you find something you like, they will find something they like. And it's all affordable. I mean, other stores are great too, but they're not as great as Target. I could survive on Target alone for a long time. I mean they have a food section, so.

I'm wandering around the makeup aisles, because I suddenly decided that I needed a waterproof mascara, because they were sixty percent off.

I found the Maybelline one that I loved, and threw it in my basket.

I kept going down each aisle, now looking for nothing in particular, when my eyes reached the hair dye section.

I sighed, looking down at my boring brown hair. It'd be too much of a hassle to die my entire head. I did light brown highlights last year, and they weren't super noticeable, and I liked that, but it wasn't anything special, it wasn't much different from my hair on a regular.

Jenna also had dark brown hair, but she was able to do a red ombre tip on hers, because she bleached the ends of her hair.

I didn't have the time, the patience, or the effort to do that to my hair.

Hell, I didn't even have all that to highlight my hair again.

But I knew someone who would. Bingo! It's Michael.

He had his red hair for a while now, and everyone's been showing me pictures of him with various hair colors. He had everything. He even had galaxy and reverse skunk and bright pink! There couldn't be anything else.

As I looked at each box, I suddenly saw a pretty blue one. I seem to recall that Michael had blue hair before, but it was a bright color. This one was a dark blue, and I think it might suit him well. He's always looking for new colors, or I guess he's now looking for new shades, and he'd be up for any color.