Chapter 6

Anonymous 

I watched her walk out of the building with him.

She's standing there a like a bitchy moron.

He's standing there watching her standing there like a bitchy moron.

He says something to her and suddenly grabs her hand, dragging her back inside the building.

Dammit Hemmings.

Charlotte ➵ 

"Do you have a favorite flower?" I ask out of the blue, as we're standing in the elevator. 

Once it's out of my mouth, I realize it's stupid as hell. He probably doesn't even know the difference between a lilly and a poppy.

He turns to look at me, and for a moment, he doesn't say anything. "What's your favorite?" He asks me instead.

"White roses." I answer as soon as he finishes the question. They've been my favorite since I was a little girl.

"Forget-me-not's." He answers.

I'm astonished that he even knows what a forget-me-not is. I guess I underestimated him.

As we make our way out of the building, I can't help but gasp.

It's simply breathtaking. The buildings cast dark shadows against the sky, and random little parts of the city are illuminated by the bright lights. You can even see the stars. Moving here was so worth it.

Luke grins down at me. "C'mon, follow me."

"Where are we going?" I stay put, not wanting to move.

To my surprise, Luke grabs my hand and starts running, leaving me with no choice but to run with him.

We're running back inside Ruby Heights, and drags me into the elevator. "Where are you taking me?" I ask.

My adrenaline was up, my heart was pumping, and I was confused as to why Luke was still holding my hand. I didn't mind.

Luke never answers as we step out of the elevator and he lets go of my hand.

I follow him slowly as we go up the winding stairs. We had stopped on the very top floor, and to my surprise, this floor had a set of stairs going up.

He opened the door and we both stepped outside. The breeze blew against my face, the city looking more and more beautiful by the second.

"Wow," I breathed. "The city is gorgeous."

Luke nods. "Yeah. The view's better up here on the roof."

I turn to smile at him. "Thanks."

He grumbles something in return.

He goes to the end of the roof, where there's a short wall. If it weren't for the wall, I guarantee Luke would've just slipped right off the building.

He's looking down, and I can't help but find myself thinking about how attractive he is.

His eyes widen as he looks down at a certain spot, biting his lip.

He doesn't even look at me as he quickly heads back to the door. Is he nervous or something? Doesn't know what to say?

"Hey, you can open up to me," I tell him.

He glares at me, heading back towards the door we came out from. "Goddamn. You think I would?"

He's waiting for my response. I'm left speechless.

Well then I guess you're an idiot." He spits harshly after realizing I don't have anything to say.