C~61: Breaking News

"To be or not to be!"

"I am Iron man."

"Chose me, love me-" the line is cut off as Major flips to another channel trying to find something to watch, Whitman sat on the couch reading a book while his brother did this, he looks to the clock.

8:37

"Mom was supposed to be back by 6:30." he points out, Major shrugs "They're women! Aunt Alice probably made them get drinks or something."

"I don't Aunt Alice would go that far, mom doesn't drink and wouldn't she call to tell?"

Major says nothing utterly focused on the TV; Whitman rolls his eyes looking around. "Speaking of which, where's dad?"

"In the other room on the phone with that J. Jenks guy."

"Do you know why?"

"My hope is that we're getting driver's license soon."

"We can't drive."

"Maybe it's for the future? Or they're honeymoon." Major scoffs, Whitman goes back to reading, "I don't see what you have against marriage."

"Please, it's the death of all joy-" Major stops just staring at the screen and leans forward "Oh shit!" he shouts. Only then, Jasper walks out of the other room, still on the phone. "Son, please keep it down. I'm on the phone." he starts before turning back.

Whitman looks up, and his book falls from his hands. "Um, dad, maybe you should hang up," he says, gulping. Jasper looks to his boys, both of their expressions a mixture of shock, graveness, and fright.

"Hey J, I'll pick them up tomorrow morning, but I need to go." Jasper finishes hanging up, moves around to the back of the couch, and upon seeing the TV drops his phone.

"Our breaking news, a car was found off the highway, crashed into a tree. The dashboard was found bloody, and the car itself stretched up. The car is owned by Evangeline, a 21-year-old woman from Forks." the report states, a picture of Eve from before her transformation appears on the screen and the crime scene.

"Police say that is could be the result of drunk driving, but the car is in terrible shape, there are big amounts of blood, and Evangeline's body is nowhere to be found. Evangeline's last known sighting was at a bridal shop in Seattle, with her female side of the family finding a dress for her wedding...The police will continue to investigate, is this case really the result of drunk driving or is something more sinister aboard. I'm Jessie-"

Major mutes the Tv not wanting to hear any more "You don't think she really was drinkin-"

"Your mother doesn't drink, and she wouldn't be this stupid." starts Jasper picking up his phone and grabbing a jacket. "Get your jackets on we're leaving." he orders, Whitman stands "Where are we going?"

"We're gonna head over to your grandparent's house. Grab anything you need you boys are sleeping there," reveals Jasper stuffing items into a backpack. Major and Whitman do as told, and the three-run through the forest to the Cullens house.

Jasper walks up to the front door knocking, he wasn't calm, and the boys could tell their dad was distressed, angry, and scared. Esme is the first to open the door, and upon seeing her son's face takes him in her arms.

Once inside, the boys are given room to sleep in while the others are downstairs trying to figure out want happened. Alice plays the news report one more time before sitting off the TV. "Eve doesn't drink, and she would have a high tolerance anyway."

"She said she was gonna stop by the hospital." points out Rose, Carlisle shakes his head. "She never came in, never made it. So then that puts the car between the dress shop and the hospital."