C~6: Homerun Gone Wrong

I wash my hair quickly and rush out into the kitchen "Good afternoon!" I say grabbing a piece of toast leftover from breakfast. I quickly put on my favorite sweater over my white shirt and head towards the door "And where are you going in such a rush?" asks Billy looking up from his paper.

I smile and sit down "Bella and I were asked to go play baseball with the Cullens."

For some reason, Billy didn't seem to like them, Jacob walks out and sees his face "E going to hang with the Cullens again." he asks patting me on the shoulder, I nod "You know it." I say standing.

"No you're not." says Billy, I close my eyes and turn around "Please, you wanted me to spend time with Bella, I like spending with Bella, but how can I do that if I don't go with her and her boyfriend's family?"

Billy seems even more annoyed by the mention of Bella dating Edward. It's been what? two, three weeks since we've met the family and he still can't get over it "Please? You want me to get that A for history, Jasper's my partner."

Billy considered this before sighing and nodding. Jacob and I beam and head outside "If you want you can take on of the bikes." he suggested, my face lights up "You finish one?"

"Yeah. I was hesitant on telling you because I noticed a couple of days ago you booked a plane ticket to Arizona."

I stop on a dime and turn to him, I booked because at the moment I was sure "Jacob...I did that on an impulse, and I'm starting to think...I don't want to leave Forks." I admit. Jacob's face turns to one of shock "What?"

"I mean Hayden, Peter, and I are supposed to be the band for Prom and I admit that for once I've made friends and connections and your family is amazing...So yeah." I say with still a little uncertainty.

Jacob smiles and hands me the keys to the bike "Enjoy and I'll see you for dinner."

"For dinner," I repeat and head towards the bike. When getting on and starting it up the bike purrs to life, I nod slowly as I rev the engine "Oh yeah."

I quickly follow the directions Bella sent me to an open field. Storm clouds gather in the sky as I pull to an enormous field in the lap of the Olympic peaks. The Cullens and Bella were already there.

"Hey! Sweet ride!" shouts Emmet. Esme comes over to greet me giving me a hug "Good to see you, Eva. Now Bella's already taken umpire if you want to be the scorekeeper." she suggests, I walk with her over to the side of the field.

I smile "Um, how about announcer, snarky remarks, jokes here and there?"

"Perfect."

Everyone gets in their places and Jasper stands next to me as the game begins. A deep rumble of thunder shakes the forest. I pick up a stick off the ground as everyone turns to me "Good day sports fans, it is a fighting day on the pitch for regular people, but a great day for Vampire baseball!!!" I shout.

Everyone laughs. And as the game begins I realize quickly that it's extraordinary. Bella stays by Esme who plays catcher. Alice pitches with lightning-fast speed. Edward and Emmett take positions in the outfield.

Rosalie smashes the ball with the aluminum bat. It cracks like thunder and is followed directly by real thunder. My eyes widen and I raise the stick to talk "You see that folks gotta be a home run!"

The ball shoots like a meteor deep into the forest, rocketing through the trees. Edward disappears after it. Rosalie darts around the bases, almost a blur. Jasper leans over talking "Just wait."

Edward races out of the forest with the ball and whips it to the home plate. 

WHAP!

Esme catches it a millisecond before Rosalie slides in.