009. BLAISE

CHAPTER NINE.

Emma wanted to say that was the last time she had let herself give into Draco's suggesting smirk and winking eye, but she found herself sneaking out of her dorm the following night to see him again

Emma wanted to say that was the last time she had let herself give into Draco's suggesting smirk and winking eye, but she found herself sneaking out of her dorm the following night to see him again. And again. And again.

"I must say," Draco said as he button up his white shirt again. "I was surprised you asked to do this in the middle of the day. Quite risky don't you think?"

Emma was in the middle of pulling on her school skirt. She zipped it up and rolled it twice before speaking. "Risky makes everything more fun."

Draco chuckled. "No, you just can't get enough of me, can you?"

Emma scoffed and strolled towards the boy. She still hadn't pulled her school shirt over her lilac bra, so Draco's eyes travelled down her body as she did up his tie. "Your ego is the biggest thing about you, you know that?"

Draco frowned, which made Emma giggle. She leaned forward and kissed him, muttering 'Kidding' against his lips.

Emma had intended for the kiss to be quick, but Draco pulled her in and kissed her hard. His hands moved to her lower back, while Emma's stayed by his collar.

"I'm leaving now," Emma spoke. She pulled away and Draco moved his lips to her neck. "Malfoy, Daphne will be wondering where I am."

"Just tell her your lecture from McGonagall went on for longer then you thought."

"And I'm the one who can't get enough," Emma smirked. Draco stared at her with his stormy eyes and Emma could tell he was thinking of a response.

Emma pulled herself out of Draco's grasp and pulled on her shirt and jumper. "Wait at least five minutes before coming to the common room," she ordered.

"You don't tell me what to do Cresswell," Draco spat. He was like a child; getting annoyed when he was told no.

Emma smirked. "You'll wait ten minutes or this will never happen again."

Draco eyed her for a few moments before smirking. "You know that won't happen," he grinned. "You don't have the self control."

Emma merely hummed before leaving the unused classroom, tying her tie as she did. She picked up her pace on her way to the Slytherin common room since she didn't know if Daphne would believe that McGonagall was speaking to Emma for half an hour.

Lunch was already half over, so many students had retreated to their common rooms to relax before class. Emma spotted Daphne seated in the corner of the common room with Theodore.

"There you are!" Daphne exclaimed when Emma sat down beside her. "What did McGonagall want?"

"To tell me I'm doing shit with Transfiguration," Emma said, making both her friends laugh. "She also gave me a few pointers, which is why I was gone for a bit."

"I was thinking," Theodore said. "McGonagall does ramble on, but for half an hour?"

Emma chuckled nervously and was extremely happy when the conversation topic changed to Daphne's crazy cousin in America.

"Hey Emma," came the voice of Blaise Zabini. Emma turned to smile at the boy; Theodore and Daphne were to engrossed in their conversation to notice.

"Hi Blaise," Emma said, moving over so he could sit down next to her. "How are you?"

"Good, I'm good," Blaise nodded. "How are you?"

Emma couldn't help but think back to her time with Draco. "I'm great."

"Great," Blaise breathed and rubbed the back of his neck. Emma wondered why he seemed so on edge- 

"I don't know if you know this but I'm apart of this club Slughorn set up," Blaise rushed before a silence could settle between them. "The Slug Club."

Emma chuckled. "Great name."

"I know right," Blaise smiled. "Anyway, Slughorn has these dinner parties and there's one at Christmas. And I was wondering if you'd like to come with me?"

Emma had briefly heard of the Slug Club from Daphne, who had complained about Blaise being invited and not her. Slughorn could be quite a talkative person, and Emma didn't know if she'd enjoy having dinner with him.

"Ok, I'll go," Emma decided and watched as Blaise broke into a relieved smile. "It should be fun." 

"Blaise," came the voice of Draco. Emma frowned at the fact he didn't seem to put much effort into fixing his hair after her fingers messed it up. "You had lunch yet?"

"I've been waiting for you. You must be really behind in Herbology," Blaise chuckled before turning back to Emma. "I'll see you later."

"Yeah, okay," Emma smiled. Blaise stood up and left the common room with Draco, who gave Emma a discrete wink before leaving.

"What was that about?" Theodore asked, tearing Emma's attention away from the common room exit. "What did Blaise want?"

"He asked me to Slughorn's Christmas party," Emma said. "It's in a week or two."

"Like a date?" Daphne asked while Theodore continued to stare at Emma.

"I'm not sure," Emma shrugged. "I didn't think much about it. I just agreed."

"Please don't let it be a date," Theodore groaned. "Don't go out with him."

Emma raised her eyebrows. "Why?" she asked before smiling. "Please don't tell me this is the part of the story where the girl's best friend declares his secret love for her."

"Ew," Theodore said with his nose scrunched up. "No offence, but you're really not my type," he said, leaning back in his seat.

"Good," Emma said while Daphne let out a loud laugh.