003. THE CHANGING ROOMS

CHAPTER THREE.

With a new academic year at Hogwarts came a new year of something some students loved above everything else

Quidditch.

A new quidditch season was approaching and the Slytherin team were in need of some new players. Fresh blood that would hopefully help them snatch the title of quidditch champions that year.

Now, Emma did enjoy a good game of quidditch and would even go as far as saying she was pretty decent at the game, having played a good bit with her father and Daphne. But when her cousin suggested Emma try out for their house team, Emma almost laughed in her face.

Draco was Slytherin seeker and with his father's reputation, that wasn't going to change anytime soon. Although Draco was a good player, Emma loved taunting him whenever they lost. If she joined the team, she wouldn't be surprised if Draco sent a bludger after her.

"Let's just got watch," Daphne said to Emma while they got dressed in their dorm. "We don't have to stay for long, Antoinette is trying out and she wants me to be there."

"Okay," Emma agreed, pulling a grey jumper over her head. "But only if you promise we won't be talking to Malfoy."

Daphne tried to hide the rolling of her eyes by reaching for her shoes. "I promise. We won't talk to Draco."

"And," Emma continued. "You have to buy me my Butterbeer when we go to Hogsmede next week."

Daphne agreed, although hesitant, and once they were ready, the cousins left their dorm. On their way to the quidditch pitch, they passed quite a few students who were trying out. Some looked far too casual, while some had looks of fear on their faces, which were similar to the colour of the Slytherin quidditch uniform.

Antoinette Bulmer was somewhere in between these two states. She was pacing back and forth as Daphne and Emma approached, but she smiled brightly once she noticed them coming.

"Hi," Antoinette said weakly.

"Don't be nervous Annie," Daphne smiled, looking Antoinette up and down. "You'll be great."

"Which position are you trying out for?" Emma asked. Her eyebrows rose as a look of embarrassment covered Antoinette's features.

"Well um," the petite brunette squeaked. "I play keeper with my brothers, so I thought I'd give it a go."

"That's great," Daphne exclaimed. "Didn't last years keeper just graduate?"

"Yeah, Miles Bletchley, wasn't it?" Emma said, and Daphne nodded. "The spots open. So you've a great chance."

Antoinette smiled but didn't say anything back. Daphne and Emma were ushered off the pitch by an older Slytherin student, so they took their seats in the stands.

Watching the students on their broomsticks gave Emma a feeling of peace; it was almost like she was the one in the air. The tryouts began with everyone doing 5 laps around the pitch. Older students raced ahead, while the younger years seemed hesitant to catch up.

Emma noticed Antoinette somewhere near the front of the race, and was surprised at how nifty the small girl was on her broom. Antoinette was quite a shy girl, but she seemed to become a whole different person in the air.

Emma watched the chaser and beater tryouts without giving the players much thought. Draco aced the seeker tryouts and from what Emma heard from surrounding spectators, he was also guaranteed the position. Emma's mood seemed to get worse when Draco caught the snitch within 5 minutes.

Then came keeper tryouts and even from the stands, it was obvious Antoinette was nervous. She looked tiny compared to the four guys who were also going for the keeper position.

Antoinette seemed to be the last person to try out. But when it was her turn, the Slytherin captain said a few words to her and then waved her off the pitch. Emma and Daphne shared a look.

By the time they had reached the pitch, it was only the keepers who were still in the area. The other students had already made their way back to the castle. The Slytherin captain was speaking to a the four boys who had tried out; Antoinette dashed passed Emma and Daphne, visibly upset.

"Annie, Wait," Daphne called, dashing after the upset girl. Emma was distracted by the students on the pitch, so by the time she turned around, Daphne had already disappeared after Antoinette.

Assuming Antoinette had retired to the girls dressing room, Emma headed that way. Once she reached the small building off the side of the pitch, she walked through the half-open door.

She expected to be greeted by a crying Antoinette and a comforting Daphne, but instead she came face to face with the back of Draco Malfoy.

Emma froze, her mind screaming at her. How could she be so stupid to enter the boys changing room instead of the girls? Emma fully understood the situation she was in as Draco pulled off his t-shirt, completely oblivious to her presence.

Draco rolled his shoulders back and as much as she tried, Emma couldn't look away.

Holy shit he was in good shape.

Emma begged herself to run but her feet seemed rooted to the floor. She'd be a laughing stock if Draco found out she had been there, ogling at his shirtless torso.

"Can I help you, Cresswell?" Draco asked once he turned around, in a tone that seemed very unhelpful, might I say. "You do realise you're in the men's changing room, right? Or are you that stupid?"

Emma felt stupid. She felt like a complete idiot, unable to take her eyes of Draco Malfoy, who's abs were quite nice.

Emma shook her head violently and shut her eyes. She turned her back on Draco to hide the fact that her cheeks were heating up from embarrassment. "Put a fucking shirt on Malfoy."

"You're the one who walked into the men's changing room!" Draco exclaimed, and Emma knew for a fact he was glaring at the back of her head. "What did you expect?"

"You left the door wide open! Like you wanted me to walk right in!" Emma shot back. "And also, this is the boy's changing room because I don't see any men around here."

"You're so fucking irritating, Cresswell," Draco hissed. "So get the fuck out before the sight of you makes me throw up."

Emma struggled to think of a comeback, since the image of Draco's bare chest still burned in her mind despite Emma's back being turned on him.

She she stuck her middle finger up behind her back, and marched out of the changing room.