Password Changing and Energy Drinking

"Really? Come on!"

Working. That's what I've been doing for the last, oh, I don't know, 18 hours. I know I've ditched about 5 hours of class, but I already know quantum physics. Strewn around my worktable are piles of crumpled paper and energy drinks. Honey Lemon's been trying to tell me that drinking that stuff will result in insomnia, then eventually in my death, but my defence, Why do they make the stuff if it's so unhealthy?

She just walked away in a huff, grumbling, although very happily, might I add. It's obvious who won that round.

"Ugh, this is hopeless!" I mutter in frustration and flick my wrist to throw another wheel into the already-filled cardboard box 10 feet away. Popping another bubble of strawberry gum, I set to finalising the next wheel I have in store. Who knew making non-friction wheels designed for an optimal speed bicycle could be so difficult? The electro-magnetism used for the gears and ratchets, those were the fun times.

"Having trouble, Gogo?" Wasabi says to me as he approaches my workspace. "You know what would help and cheer you up?"

"I am not attaching your laser-induced plasma to my bike," I state, chewing my gum further.

He crosses his arms. "Your loss. They would've made the coolest headlights ever."

Fred then comes and slides his finger across one of the wheels, even though it's hard to tell when he has his dragon-firething costume on. He whistles, and says, "This is impressive, Gogo. I mean, you really improved the mechanisms since last week."

I raise an eyebrow. "You don't have an idea what it does, do you?"

"Yes," he replies. "I do."

"Really? You do?" Wasabi asks, genuinely surprised.

I then gesture to my bike and say with contempt, "Okay, then tell us, smart guy. The floor's yours."

"It's a bike," he begins. This is gonna be good. "That goes super fast."

"Why?"

"Zero-friction wheels. Duh," he retorts and pumps his dragon fists in the air. "Oh, I am awesome."

"What's it made of?" I ask, thinking I finally got him. I'm getting bored of this conversation already.

He takes off that monster head and rolls his eyes. "You're the one making it. That's your job. Well, gotta get back to sign-spinning."

Wasabi states, "Yeah, gotta get back to my plasma. Good luck."

I turn around and hear Wasabi cry out, "Honey Lemon! I have a delicate system over there, don't mess with it."

"Women, man up!" I shout over to him, having Fred and Lemon laugh in reply.

Hearing a notification alert, I go to my laptop and lift up the lid, seeing that I've got a new private message on the institute's social network. I open my inbox and see that it's from Tadashi. Tadashi Hamada, the best roboticist in this nerd school. Other than Professor Gallaghan, of course. I allow a brief grin to appear on my face before popping a bubble and click on the message.

Tadashi :-) : Hey, who's over there? You guys okay?

I roll my eyes at the message. Of course that would be his question. Always thinking about others. That's what you like about him, I think to myself. Shaking the thought out of my head, I reply.

(*) Gogo (*) : Just us. Fred, Wasabi, Honey and me.

Tadashi :-) : How long have you been there? I know the others have been there for about 5 hours since class ended, but you?

(*) Gogo (*) : Six hours.

Tadashi :-) : Gogo, I know you ditched, and I know you stayed through the night. Tell me how long you've really been there.

(*) Gogo (*) : Okay, fine. Eighteen.

Tadashi :-) : Ignore the little smiley face next to my face. I'm serious. You're going to hurt yourself if you keep doing this. Tonight, I'm going to take you home. No excuses.

(*) Gogo (*) : Fine, whatever. See you at the nerd lab.

Tadashi :-) : See ya ;)

I log off and close my computer without turning it off. I try to look nonchalant about the conversation, but I'm brimming with relief and happiness simultaneously. He actually cares. That's a first. Not just about the others, but for me. While I place the laptop in its case, Honey comes up behind me and sighs in her happy voice, "You got it bad, don't you?"

I rummage in my materials container and grab some fiberglass. "I have no idea what you're talking about, Lemon. Those chemicals are getting to your brain."

As I'm cutting the fiberglass to provide a temporary barrier for the suspension to avoid damage to the bike's frame, Honey continues in a singsong voice, "You like Tadashi, Miss Tomago."

I look away from the fiberglass and metal cutters for a moment and look at her. I almost laugh at that, but inside I'm anxious to what comes next. "What? Where did you get that idea from?"

"Your expression. You grinned when you saw who it was. I timed you and estimated your opening your inbox. And tried to contain yourself afterwards."

"And why would you assume Tadashi messaged me?" I ask, now fidgeting with the strap of my glove.

"Oh, I don't have to assume," she reply smoothly, emphasizing the last word.

I narrowed my eyes. "Why not?"

"I hacked into your inbox," she says, looking down, wiping imaginary dust off her lab coat.

I cover my face with my hands, and sighed. "What? Lemon, how could you do that?"

"Well," she explains. "It was quite easy, actually. Fred taught me basic hacking this morning during Advanced Programming, and I guessed your password."

I mutter, "Pink bubblegum."

She smiles. "No spaces, but a dash in between."

I get up and look at her in the eye. "Don't tell anyone, Honey Lemon. Or I swear-"

"You will decapitate me with your electro-magnetic wheels, I get it. But I won't, and I don't have to, when you can tell him yourself."

I'm about to ask how she knows about that, then I remember. She hacked me. Stupid Fred. He chooses now to be smart?

She opens her mouth to answer, but then we hear people talking in the corridor. We're allowed to talk around and stuff, but Honey believes in good credit by behaving, and she scurries to her workspace, where a pink bubble has emerged. She was probably waiting for her next sparkly explosion. It's happened before, and my face and hair was hot pink for a week.

I try to pay attention to my bike, or at least, try to look like I am. But then through a window in the door, I see a boy with unruly black hair, and right behind him, his obviously older brother, Tadashi Hamada.

"Well," I say to myself. "Time to change my password."