Showcase Seeing and Life Changing

'Would you shut up, Fred?' I mutter to myself, clenching my fists. What I would give to punch the idiot in the face right now, but there's no space. Ugh, just looking at his face is annoying. Tadashi chuckles from next to me, and I turn to scowl at him. 'This is not funny.'

He shrugs with a smile. 'It's a little bit funny. Just a tiny bit.' - To show this, Tadashi puts his index finger and his thumb almost together.

Why did I want to punch Fred? 'Why did Honey Lemon have to tell him we're dating?' I groan while staring down Fred across from me - he's telling Hiro a synopsis of a comic or something - in a Lucky Cat catering truck, the only thing that was large enough to transport the six of us (plus Aunt Cass) and about eight microbot trashcans.

Honey Lemon answers in a guilty tone, 'Well, he wanted to know why you're in such a good mood, and I was so happy for you, so I just blurted it out!'

'I'm not so happy now, am I?' I grumble to myself. 'If he asks me about it or anything, or tells-'

She shakes her head in reply. 'Don't worry, he won't. I've decided to make some of his crazy requests for keeping it secret.'

'So you're making the invisible sandwich?'

'Nope,' she sighs. 'Wasabi and I have to make eye contacts that can shoot lasers.'

*

We're at the SFIT Showcase about 15 minutes before Hiro's supposed to present his microbot awesomeness or whatever. Honey Lemon, Wasabi, Fred and I help Tadashi and Hiro unpack his trash cans full of the stuff (we brought most of them to SFIT yesterday, and stored them in the nerd lab) and start wheeling them towards the presentation space.

I sigh. 'Whoa, these things are heavier than they look.'

'Well,' Wasabi begins, and I groan. 'You have to put the general volume of the microbots into perspective, as well as take the unit weight into account.'

'Stop being a nerd,' I grunt at him and nod towards Hiro. 'He has to be one.'

Ahead of us, the two Hamada brothers are busy chatting, but then Tadashi stops mid-sentence, and I completely understand why. Around us, the tech is simply unreal. Not better than mine. But seriously, scuba-exercise-hydro-electricity generation? Where do people come up with this stuff?

Tadashi whistles. 'Wow, a lot of sweet tech here today.' He punches Hiro lightly across the arm. 'How are you feeling?'

'You're talking to an ex-bot fighter,' Hiro assures him overconfidently. 'Takes a lot more than this to rattle me.'

Reading into the situation, I say immediately, 'Yep, he's nervous.'

Next to me, Honey Lemon coos, 'Oh.'

'You've got nothing to fear, little guy,' Fred quips.

'He's so tense,' Honey Lemon continues with concern.

Hiro argues whiningly, 'No, I'm not.'

'Relax, Hiro,' she assures him. 'Your tech is amazing. Tell him, GoGo.'

I look at him and state openly, 'Stop whining. Woman up.'

'What do you need, little man?' Wasabi asks, raising his eyebrow. 'Deodorant? Breath mint? Fresh pair of underpants?'

'Underpants?' I wonder aloud, turning to Wasabi in confusion and concern while I park my trash can. 'You need serious help.'

'Hey, I come prepared.'

Our heads turn to Fred as he comments breezily, 'I haven't done laundry in six months. One pair lasts me four days. I go front, I go back I go inside-out. Then I go front and back.'