Showcase Project Finishing (Girlfriend Being) and Invisible Sandwich Obsessing

'You're going to be okay?' Kiku asks me as I jump out of her car. I roll my eyes as an answer and walk around the block to the Lucky Cat Café. Annoyed that she didn't get a reply, as she drives away, Kiku shouts, 'See you at the Showcase tomorrow! Wish Hiro luck!'

'Whatever!' I call uselessly when I open the glass door to the café. The smell of hot chocolate hits me and immediately I want to order it. Instead of sitting down at one of the tables, I tread into the kitchen where Aunt Cass is struggling to manage a tray on each arm with plates of cake on it, and a tray with a steaming cup of tea on top.

She stumbles as she sees me (from excitement, I don't know), and I quickly help her by taking the teacup off of her head. 'Hi, Aunt Cass.'

Aunt Cass shoots me a grateful smile as she puts the trays onto the counter and pulls me into a hug. 'GoGo! I'm so glad you're here,' she says gratefully and then changes her attitude and continues smugly with a wink. 'Not that my feelings will be any closer to Tadashi's, though.'

I'm surprised at the statement, but then it clicks. Folding my arms, I ask, 'What did he tell you?'

'Just that you lovebirds kissed and that he wants to date you,' she quips while swaying playfully. 'But don't worry, I had to tickle it out of him.'

I forgot that he's ticklish. 'He wants to date me? Tadashi didn't tell me that,' I mutter, but a smile creeps onto my face. Aunt Cass is staring at me for a reaction, so I clear my throat and say awkwardly, 'That's cool. Awesome.'

'You don't have to pretend you don't care, GoGo,' she retorts excitedly as she gives me another squeeze. 'I'm so happy for you two.'

'Me too,' I blurt out. Why? 'I guess I should... go talk to Tadashi about it, and help out for the Showcase, yeah?'

Aunt Cass shakes her head teasingly and points her thumb towards the back door. 'You know where to go.'

Before going into the garage, I take a glance back at Aunt Cass, who is back to picking up the dishes and taking it to the customers, a large smile on her face. I wish I had a mom like Aunt Cass.

No time to dwell on that now, though. I silently open the garage door and enter quietly, hearing clanking on metal and as I get nearer, I hear, 'No way, Wasabi, the invisible sandwich will prevail if you make it for me!'

'Fred,' Wasabi answers with a sigh, and I grin when he replies irritably, 'No, it won't.'

Wasabi and Fred are arguing in the middle of the room, about something stupid, no doubt. Invisible sandwich. Really? Honey Lemon's reading a book on the couch while listening to music through her earphones. Hiro's standing next to the worktable, doing some last-minute tinkering before the Showcase tomorrow night, with Tadashi standing behind him, watching his brother with something I seldom receive. Pride.

Trying to ignore the ridiculous argument, I go around the pair of idiots and stand on the other side of Hiro and comment, 'Cutting it fine, robot boy.'

The two Hamadas look up at the same time and Hiro exclaims, 'GoGo! You're here!'

I nod in reply, but honestly, I almost didn't hear him. As Hiro says that, Tadashi's eyes soften and he smiles before squeezing my hand when Hiro turns around. 'Can I talk to you?' Tadashi asks me, bringing me back to reality.

'Sure,' I reply, raising my eyebrow, at least trying to ignore the butterflies in my stomach. Instinctively I think of what Aunt Cass said earlier. What exactly is Tadashi going to talk to me about?

Following Tadashi numbly, I soon find myself in the Hamadas' living room. Everything's so neat, it's almost unnatural. I look at the space, and Tadashi seems to read my mind and says, 'Aunt Cass cleaned it specifically for everyone coming over today.'