Part one

Y/n Pov

"The Yule Ball has been a tradition of the Triwizard Tournament since its inception." Professor mcgonagall announced.

"On Christmas Eve night, we and our guests will gather in the Great Hall for a night of well-mannered frivolity." She paused, glancing at the boys before continuing.

"As representatives of the host school, I expect each and every one of you to put your best foot forward. And I mean this literally because the Yule Ball is, first and foremost a dance."

The sounds of excitement from the girls, and moans of irritation from the boys flooded the room. You rolled your eyes and looked over at draco from across the room. You made sure he was watching you when you grabbed your tie and held it up, pretending to hang yourself with it. You smiled, when he and a few others around him began to laugh.

"Silence!" Professor McGonagall hushed everyone.

"The house of Godric Gryffindor has commanded the respect of the wizard world for nearly 10 centuries. I will not have you, in the course of a single evening, besmirching that name by behaving like a babbling, bumbling band of baboons!" She looked around at the boys especially.

"Now, to dance is to let the body breathe." She looked to her right and motioned to the girls.

"Inside every girl, a secret swan slumbers, longing to burst forth and take flight." Professor McGonagall said.

You watched Ron lean over to Seamus and whisper something to him, causing him to laugh. You sighed, so desperately wanting to get away from the swooning girls and sit on the boy's side of the room. Whatever Ron said to Seamus was probably priceless, and you missed it because you were a girl.

"Inside every boy, a lordly lion prepared to prance. Mr. Weasley." Professor McGonagall said.

"Yes?" Ron asked.

Professor McGonagall began walking towards him.

"Will you join me please?" She said, extending her hand to him.

You laughed as Ron stood up with his head down. He followed McGonagall to the middle of the room, giggles filled the room.

"Now, place your right hand on my waist." Professor McGonagall said, putting her left hand on ron's shoulder.

"Where?" ron asked.

"My waist." He did as he was told, and put his hand on her waist.

You smirked and wolf whistled. Ron looked back at you. You gave him a quick wink before McGonagall turned him around to face her.

"And extend your arm." She muttered, trying to get poor Ron into the proper position.

"Mr. Filch, if you please."

Mr. Filch dropped the needle onto the record, and the music began.

"One, two three. One, two, three. One, two, three." She began.

You looked over at Fred and George, seeing them humming and dancing around with themselves.

"Everybody come together. Boys, on your feet!" McGonagall announced.

All of the girls, except for you, quickly, eagerly, jumped to their feet. You groaned and stayed slouched in your chair, much like the boys. Dances weren't really your thing. You preferred Quidditch and potions and stuff. Which rather explains why your best friend was draco rather than one of the girls.

You looked up and saw Neville slowly stand up and walk into the crowd of girls, causing you to grow a small smile across your face, at least he had the balls to dance. He came out with his arm around Ginny, swaying back and forth with her. This must have inspired the other boys, because they all began to slowly get up from their chairs.

You got up trying to make a run for it hoping Professor McGonagall wouldn't notice you and make you dance.

Unfortunately, she did.

"Y/n get back here and dance now." She called.

You rolled your eyes and slowly walked back. Looking around for one of your friends. You and Draco spotted each other and you both began walking towards each other, but someone got in your way.

"May I have this dance y/n?" Higgs asked.

"Um sure why not" You said, I mean he is one of your friends but you would much rather dance with Draco but didn't want to be rude.

You began to dance with Higgs, and you discovered that you were oddly good at it.

You glanced around and saw Draco trying to dance with daphne. He had a frown on his face, and you knew why.

Daphne is well, how do I say this um well annoying. She talks a lot. But she a sweetheart.

You danced your way closer to  daphne and Draco. You could hear her talking about what kind of dress she would wear, and how she hoped that one of the Durmstrang boys would ask her.

Draco glanced up at you, and flicked you off. You chuckled to yourself and gave him a wink before leading Higgs away from the two of them.