Chapter Eight - We Can Work It Out

After leaving the studio, it was decided (by John) that George and I would be staying locked up in the boys apartment, I didn't mind (anything to

keep me safe from those maniacal fans the boys had, right?), George on the other hand, was, well for lack of better words, pissed, he didn't like being locked up.

A week had passed, news of George and I still hadn't died down, Brian Epstein had come over to discuss the fact that we were now under siege.

"So," George started, annoyance plain in his voice and tone. "What's the story, Brian? It isn't only me and Char that are affected by all of this , it's the whole band. None of us can go out, we can't even go to the corner shop. I'm sick of you having to buy our food and whatever else we need! You're having a fucking hard time getting in and out of here too!"

Everyone was silent for a moment, George was the quietest member of the band, normally the last to speak out, yet here he was, voicing his thoughts his resentment, the moment Brian had sat down, John hadn't even managed to blurt out one syllable. It was surprising.

"Well, er," Brian began."I don't know, George, there's not much I can do."

George snorted, rolling his eyes, "You mean there's nothing you can do."

Rude, but true.

"Yes, that's right," Brian replied snappily. "Fans don't like hearing that a member of the Beatles are no longer single, you know that."

"Yeah, but they don't normally act this. . ." George trailed off,. searching for the correct word to use.

"Demented?" I suggested helpfully.

"Demented," George agreed, the corners of his lips twitching slightly.

"I wish I knew, George, I wish I knew,"Brian sighed.

"Maybe," John suggested. "George is more popular than we gave him credit for."

"No," I gasped sarcastically, eyes widening.

"Yes," John nodded his head seriously, not noticing my sarcasm. "Think about it; all or fans are going ballistic and George got you, didn't he? I mean, you had a choice between George, Paul, Ringo and I, but you go for George, I don't get it. What does George have that none of the rest of us has?"

"A much smaller ego?" I asked.

"Charlene, just answer the question," he demanded. "What do girls like about, George? You are a girl, right?"

I huffed indignantly, did he seriously have to ask if I was a girl? "Well, he's good looking," I murmured smugly, knowing that would drive John insane.

"Hey," John, Paul and Ringo screamed indignantly.

George chuckled, wrapping his arm around my waist and squeezing slightly. "You heard the lady," he smirked.

"'A much smaller ego,' huh?" Brian asked in slight amusement.

"Yup," I giggled. "There's also the fact that he's 'the quiet one,' most girls like quiet guys, mysterious, you know? They just didn't realise how much they liked George, until it was too late that is."

"So, what you're saying is, George shouldn't be so quiet?" Paul's face was full of wonder.

"I never said that," I shook my head.

"You're right!" John exclaimed.

Uh oh. What had I gotten myself into now?

"George, you have to talk more," Ringo declared, sounding as if he thought he had solved all our problems.