Chapter Twelve - Meeting The parents (part 1)

~Charlene’s P.O.V~

“Ringo, what happened to your eye?” I gasped, the following morning as I entered the sitting room, George not far behind me.

Ringo’s eye was swollen, puffy, making it impossible for him to open it, and there was a large, dark bruise around it.

“Fan punched me,” he replied bluntly, not sparing me a glance.

I was hurt by Ringo’s cool attitude towards me, he was normally so cheerful and nice. I thought he liked me, but he was suddenly acting like he was forcing himself to even reply to me; I thought he was my friend.

“Don’t be such an prick, Rings,” Paul commented, shaking his head in disapproval. “She only asked you a question.”

Ringo snorted, rolling the eye that hadn’t been blackened. “Whatever. She’s very concerned all of a sudden, isn’t she?”

I shifted my weight from foot to foot uncomfortably, leaning into George’s side, wondering what had

“What have I done?” I huffed, crossing my arms over my chest indignantly.

“Nothing,” Ringo replied shortly, standing up and exiting the room, I heard the front door slam shut behind him as he left the apartment.

I honestly felt like crying, I just couldn’t understand why Ringo was being so mean to me. Had I done something wrong? I didn’t think so.

“It’s alright, love,” John reassured. “Ringo’s just being a little bitch, he gets like that sometimes. He’ll apologise when he cools down.”

“I hope so, John. Where do you think he’s gone?”

“Probably Mo’s,” Paul answered with a shrug.

“Why’s he in such a pissy mood anyway?” I asked. “Did I do something?”

George tightened his grip around my waist, speaking for the first time since we had entered the sitting room. “He’s just being dramatic over his eye. No, baby, you’ve done nothing, don’t mind him.”

I knew by the way he was avoiding eye contact  that he was lying to me.

“George Harold Harrison,” I began, clearing my throat and narrowing my eyes, placing my hands on my hips. “Tell me the truth.”

John and Paul coughed and fidgeted uncomfortably. “We’re just going to go now,” Paul stated. “See you two later.”

“Have fun,” John winked. “If you know what I mean,” he waggled his eyebrows. The boys ran out the door giggling and slammed the front door shut behind them.

“I’m waiting, George,” I raised my eyebrows.