Chapter Four - Explanations

I moaned quietly, starting to regain consciousness, "She's waking up," Ringo's voice said.

"We know that, Ringo," George shot back.

"Shut up!" I mumbled, trying to open my eyes, but failing due to the sunlight which was shining through the sitting room window.

"Paul, go close the curtains, she can't open her eyes." George ordered.

"Yes sir," I imagined Paul doing a military style salute. The room darkened so I knew Paul had drawn the curtains.

I slowly opened my eyes, feeling a bit shocked when I noticed George's face hovering above my own, "'Ello love, are you alright?"

"Fine, but what happened?" I asked, trying not to stare at George's (very kissable) lips as I spoke.

"You fainted," John informed me, making me notice that it was not just George looking down at me, it was all four lads. "Then lover boy over here caught you, that's why your head's in his lap." 

I blushed, noticing for the first time that my head was indeed in George's lap. "Sorry George," I apologised, attempting to sit up.

"It's alright, Charlene," George said, placing his hands on my shoulders, preventing me from sitting up. "Stay down for a few minutes or you'll get dizzy."

"Why'd you faint, Charlene?" Paul asked.

"Um," I wonder what they'd think if I told them I'd travelled fifty years into the past? I looked at all four boys, I didn't want them to think I was mad. "You wouldn't believe me." The only reason I believe me is because I am me, but they're not me, so they wouldn't believe. I know, I'm smart, right?

"Try us," Ringo challenged.

I glanced up at George and he smiled reassuringly, "Go ahead, love."

"Alright, but this is gonna sound pretty unbelievable."

"Most things are," John nodded.

"Where to start," I thought out loud.

"The beginning would be helpful," Paul encouraged.

"Okay, so as you already know I'm from Galway, Ireland. Yesterday afternoon I was playing a game of hurling with my brother and some friends, then our next door neighbour, Tammy, that our Gaz fancies like crazy, comes up and asks to play and Gary said yes, even though she can't play to save her life." I paused for breath, trying to gauge the boys reactions, they seemed to be following so far.

"What does this have to do with you fainting?" Ringo looked slightly confused.

"Birds don't play sports," Paul pointed out.

"What does Tammy look like?" John asked eagerly.

"I'm with you so far," George nodded.

I sighed exasperatedly, "Ringo, I'm getting there. They do where I'm from, Paul. You're a pervert, John. And George, thank you."

"Alright," Ringo shrugged.

"If you say so," Paul raised an eyebrow, looking and sounding confused.

"I know," John smiled proudly, covering his heart with his fist. "Thank you, you flatter me, you know, Charlene." He sniffled, wiping an imaginary tear from his eye.

"You're welcome, Charlene," George smiled, revealing his crooked teeth. "Now, on with the story," the other boys seemed to agree, as they nodded their heads in agreement.

"Well Tammy was on our team and we were losing because of her, I really hate losing. I was trying to get the sliothar from a boy on the other team, when Tammy rugby tackles him, right?" I asked, checking if they understood what I was saying, they nodded showing they understood. "Patrick fell on top of me, with Tammy on top of him," I continued. "When I was able to get back up I quit the game and called Tammy a bitch and she came up behind me and brought her hurl down on top of my head, knocking me out."