Let's Talk (part 2)

3/12/18, 7:30 p.m., Kirishima household

POV: 14-year-old Eijiro Kirishima 

I swallowed my dried spit, my breathing was hitched and my heart was beating so fast I was surprised that my father didn't point it out. Speaking of my father, he sat next to me with a tight hold on my wrist, he stared me down although I refused to look at him back.

"Eijiro..." he said. It wasn't soft on any standards, it was quiet and hard. It scared the living shit out of me.

The room was mostly dark, the only light came from the desk lamp on the nightstand next to the bed. What else lay on the nightstand? My report card. And it held nothing but the letter F. 

Of course, this was a common conversation I and my father had ever since my first year of school, I was used to the disappointment. What I wasn't used to though, was how aggressive he was.

 "You need to raise your grades."

 " I know. "

 "How are you even passing?"

 "I have no clue, father."

 "I didn't raise an idiot Eijiro."

 "Yet that's what I am, huh?" I winced as I felt sharp nails dig into my skin and come close to drawing blood. I still refused to look at my father but I'm sure he was still staring me down with his signature disappointment.

"What have I told you about sass young man? " I let out a wince, pulling my arm out of his grasp and gently rubbing my fingertips over the marks he left. We sat there in silence for a few moments before my father let out a huge sigh.

" I'm sorry Eijiro... " I made a fist with my hands. Sorry? Was that all he could say. I stood up, I felt so hurt. All he could fucking tell me was... Sorry.

"No, you're not." My father perked up, tilting his head to the side, a certain glint in his eye.

" Excuse... Me? " I turned to face him, letting this bit of confidence take me over. I raised my fist to my chest and scrunched up my nose.

"You're not sorry. If you were you wouldn't be doing this." He got up and grabbed me by the collar.

" Take that back, you bitch! "As he said those words, his eyes lit up in realization and he dropped me and turned away letting out a quiet sob.

I didn't even try to comfort him, I didn't even say goodbye. I just walked out.

I'm so sick of him trying to take the anger of mom's death out on us.

«────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ──────»
Saturday, 5:25 A.m., Eijiro's room

Pov: Eijiro Kirishima

I pounced out of bed, wide awake all of a sudden. I was covered in a cold sweat, bad dreams always came to me when I slept in this room. As soon as I sat up I heard a loud thump on the side of my bed. "Ouchie!" A small voice said.

"Surudoi?" I asked breathlessly. "Is that you?"

As I said that, he stood up, his head only reaching a bit passed the bed. He had a huge grin on his face. That's a sweet relief. "Morning daddy!"

I snickered and picked him up, placing him on my lap. "Morning sweetie, what brings you here?"

He gave me a perplexed squint as if I should already know what has brought him here. "I haven't talked to you in a while... I wanted to take advantage of the ware moment of Mommy sleeping to have some bonding time."