Chapter 10

A few days Later

After Kaname's talk with Zero he locked himself up in his room only allowing me to enter, and since I didn't sleep much as it is I decided to keep him company knowing he could use it. "Yuki is too kind, I can understand why you're upset. I couldn't bear having to endure what it is you do." He smiles sadly before rising from his bed to look me in the eyes. "Yes but, her kindness is one of her best traits." I smiled back at him returning my attention to the book I had been reading.

Before I could start reading again Kaname once again regained my attention. "We may not be enduring the same pain, but we both suffer at the hands of the one we love." Kaname and I seem to have much in common, and that is why I do not mind spending time with him like this. I don't really care for the company of other vampires, but Kaname is different, he makes me feel normal despite the lack of normal within our lives.

We sat in the room quietly enjoying one another's company until a maid came in with a visitor request form that required our signatures, after begrudgingly signing the papers per Kaname's request I couldn't help but wonder what he would possibly want to achieve by coming here. Kaname and I made our way downstairs where the rest of the night class was already waiting for Ichijo's arrival. "Please remember what I asked of you all when I first arrived." My true name, something I haven't been called in such a long time, I hate this. As though Kaname could feel my discomfort with the situation, he placed a hand on my shoulder and flashed one of his recently common smiles only I got to see.

Returning the smile I hear the main doors as they open revealing the old vampire that kept my mother and I locked away for so long. "Kaname-sama, Kitori-sama, it is a pleasure to see you both. But I simply came to visit my grandson." I remained silent as Kaname spoke politely with Ichijo, something I could never bring myself to do. "My you two make for a lovely couple, I wish you both happiness into the future, that you may share in your purest blood." I hate this man who now holds my hand in his without my permission, luckily for me Ruka and Aido stepped in yelling at the elder vampire for being so rude. Kaname punished Aido who removed Ichijo's hand from mine to save him from the older man's wrath.

After that Takuma and his grandfather went up to his room leaving us all to go our separate ways, Kaname and I decided to return to his room to wait for Ichijo's departure. We said nothing as we waited for the maid to inform us that the elder vampire would be leaving. "Kaname-sama, K-Kitori-sama Ichijo is departing." Despite my hatred for the man I must keep up appearances as a pureblood. "Very well, we will be out momentarily." The two of us got up from our spots and headed out into the hall, we made our way down the hall to stand beside the stairway looking down at Ichijo. Kaname knew I would prefer to be as far away from the man as I possibly could be, and for that I am truly grateful.

Ichijo who now stood in the doorway of the dorm's exit bowed to the two of us as Kaname bid him farewell. "It was a pleasure seeing you again Ichijo." I forced a smile allowing him to take in the sight of me and Kaname wishing him well, from behind the man I could see Yuki and Zero waiting to escort him to the headmasters office. Zero's eyes met mine as he patiently waited for Yuki to finish talking, not once did his gaze leave me, it was rather odd, there didn't seem to be any anger in his eyes this time.

Once Ichijo was gone Kaname and I retreated back to his room so we could discuss the things on both our minds, my main concern being that we both knew of the alliance between the Hunter Associations leader and the Senate. "Kaname, how long must we play house? It does not suit us." He smiles slightly from his spot on the comfortable couch in his room. "We will have to endure it a while longer, at least until Yuki's awakening." I move to stand beside his desk where his chess set sits "What will you do when this is all over Shimiko?" A sad smile comes to my face at the thought "That all depends on the decisions of certain people."