The request

Four years later (yes I know big time skip, don't come @ me) also, kakashi is now 18 and naruto is 4. Not the og ages but this is fanfiction get over it. Also OOC, don't say I didn't warn you ratas~

Kakashi POV

  Not much happened over the next four years. Lord third managed to get naruto an apartment for him. He was neglected, not much surprise there. I mean all Jinchuriki are hated. It usually ended up with them either going rouge, or     
killing themselves.. Its dark but it's true. But for some reason Naruto didn't seem to have much emotion. I mean he was
   still kind and respectful towards the villagers even though they were stuck up snobs to him. What they said to him is what really got me. Don't get me wrong, they didn't physically abuse him, the worst they've done was just push him out of stores, it was their words that really got me..

"BLOODY DEMON!"
"GET OUT YOU FOX BOY"
"JUST GO DIE ALREADY"
"KILL YOURSELF!"

He didn't let it bother him though, he was  just kind of.. quiet.. at least that's what I thought. But other than that he didn't  seem like he knew what emotions even were. Well,

There was one time I caught him crying. He was 3 at the time. It was in his apartment...

That night, how could I forget? It was the only time he cried since he was born. Impressive.. Anyways, his cries weren't loud, he wasn't sobbing, more as just a few tears streaming down his face. But his words.. they stung like a bee..

"Why..why me? Why was I born in such a life. I wanna..I wanna be free.. I want to...

Die.."

I think he searched for something sharp, because he started rummaging through his little room. Once he found absolutely nothing he said,

"Someday, but not today.."

His eyes were completely dull, his aura gave off the 'I'm mentally ill and there's nothing I can do about it' vibe.

So now here I am, jumping from roof to roof to the Hokage's office.

Because for some reason this little kid has wormed his way into my heart without even knowing I existed.

I would like to raise this kid.
If I'm aloud to that is.

  (Author-Chan POV)

Kakashi dashed as fast as he could to the building. He wanted- no NEEDED to protect Naruto. He wanted to be that family that they both never had. Kakashi wouldn't be alone and neither would Naruto.

He finally reached the building, winded. He was all the way across the village mind you and made it there in 10 seconds. It was god like speed and isn't possible but hey,

Fanfiction. Do I need to say more?

Anyways, he raced up the stairs and burst through the door to the Hokage's office. Sarutobi quickly turned around to see who slammed his door open.

"Kakashi?! What are you doing here?" He yelled,

"*gasping* Lord- *out of breath noises* L-lord third.."

"Ok first of all, catch your breath. It's unprofessional to talk to your superiors like this."

        "I apologize, let me excuse myself."
    "Lord third, I have a request to make."
Sarutobi raised his eyebrow and said, "And what is this request?"

"I wish to watch over naruto, not as a mission but as his guardian. I wish to give him the proper family love and support he needs."

Sarutobi laughed a bit, then it turned into a full on witches cackle.

"..May I ask what's so funny lord third?" The annoyed Hatake asked.

"Oh nothing, it's just funny that you care so much about him. You used to be so cold hearted, it was frightening. I knew this would work."

Kakashi was confused. What could he make work?

"Um..Lord third.. what do you mean?"

"Ah, I knew that putting you in charge of Naruto would make you softer. Heh, Danzo owes me 300 ryo!"

"...you betted on me?" The silver haired asked.

The hokage hesitated, "Ah W-well...heheh-eh.."

Kakashi smiled under his masked.
"Well? Am I allowed to?"

"Oh of course! It'd be good for the both of you."

Kakashi mentally did a happy dance but then quickly responded, "H-hai! Arigato!"

"Anytime kakashi, meet here at 9:am tomorrow, I'll have Naruto here as well. You will move to a new house near the forest of death because both of your current living conditions are.. *looks away in sadness* DISGUSTING! I mean Naruto is understandable and isn't that dirty but YOU? I expected better Kakashi..."

"..."
"Now go Hatake *insert anime waterfall tears here*"

"H-hai.."

AHHHH THIS CHAPTER TOOK TOO LONG.

Well hope y'all liked this one.

Goodbye ratas~