VIII

Lunch went by quickly and Zoe decided to take Queenie on a shopping trip because she needed something to wear tonight. She didn't really know how she was supposed to dress for a date. Much less how she was supposed to dress for a date with Madison Montgomery. The girl had told her to dress however she felt like but Zoe didn't want to wear any of her regular boring clothes. She needed something Madison would notice.

"You ready, girl?" Queenie asked as she descended the stairs.

"I was ready 20 minutes ago" the youngest rolled her eyes.

"Whatever" Queenie walked past her and to the car, Zoe following close.

"Why did you want to go shopping?" the voodoo witch asked her friend as she started the car.

"I have a date tonight" the brunette admitted.

"Ohhh! And you wanted to impress Kyle?" Queenie asked and raised her brows suggestively.

"Actually hmm-" Zoe began "it's not with Kyle"

"Okay" the taller girl seemed surprised "Who's the lucky guy then?"

"It might be a girl?" the young witch almost asked. Keeping her eyes on the road to avoid her friend's.

"Are you going out with Madison?" the dark skin witch asked unsurprised.

"How do you know?" Zoe turned her head to the left.

"Girl, you've been crushing over her since you stepped into this house" she laughed "you'd have to be blind to notice! The two of you are always all over each other."

"That is not true!" Zoe retorted.

""Please" the other girl huffed "when she's not curled on your lap, you're the one hugging her."

Zoe thought about it for a moment.

"Alright, maybe that's true..." she admitted "Do you think Cordelia knows?"

"Of course she knows, she's like a mother to all of us."

"And she's okay with the two of us having a thing?"

"Listen Zoe, I don't think you realise how much of an impact you've had on Madison." Queenie explained. "She was the rudest, most ungrateful bitch on Earth. And since you got here, she's somehow tolerable. We're all grateful for it, especially Cordelia. She's been trying to help Madison for so long..."

Zoe didn't respond. She was busy thinking about what her friend had just told her. Had she really helped Madison? She hoped so. She wanted nothing more.

"We're here" Queenie taped Zoe's shoulder gently, tearing her away from her thoughts.

They got out of the car and entered the mall. They wandered around for a while until Quenie stopped.

"You know, if you really want to impress the bitch, you should go all in! Let me help you."

"You're kind of scaring me but okay" Zoe accepted, resulting in Queenie pulling her into a lingerie store.

"You know, I'm actually going out with her right? I need actual clothes" she laughed nervously.

"I know girl, this is only the beginning"

Oh God!

And it was indeed only the start of a very long afternoon. Queenie dragged Zoe through all kinds of stores, made her try on hundreds of pieces of clothing, and spent an endless amount of time judging if they were good enough or not. And by good enough, she meant trashy enough.

It was 6 when they finally left, which left Zoe with barely an hour to get ready for her date.

Once they got home, Zoe wanted nothing more than to go check on Madison, but Queenie forbade her to do so, saying that they had to get her dressed.