Chapter 25: Implications

Hinata woke up at dawn the next morning, leaned over and kissed him shyly on his lips. His eyes were closed, but he sighed against her mouth and pulled her closer to him. She could feel his excitement against her thigh.

"Hinata," he murmured sleepily as his hands started skimming over her body. "You're so lewd... Not at the Ninja Academy!"

Her shocked gasp penetrated through the wet dream he was having, causing Naruto to suddenly open his eyes and meet her horrified and amused face.

"Naruto, just now, what kind of dream were you having?" she asked with a laugh.

"Nothing!" His answering smile was sheepish. "Forget it!"

She laughed again and hugged him. He looked at her. "Are you feeling okay?"

Hinata nodded and looked at his suddenly eager face. "Again?"

He chuckled. His mouth was already moving down her collarbone. "You know it! We need to practice."

--------------------

Naruto woke up and breathed in her scent a few hours later. The scent of apples and cinnamon filled his lungs. She was still sleeping, her back was to him and his eyes fell on the purple bruise marring the perfection of her skin. The rest of her back wasn't as red as before, but it still looked pink. His heart ached, hating the thought of her being hurt. He skimmed a gentle palm over her back. She took a deep breath but didn't wake.

I love you, he thought, kissing her shoulder. Even more now, as he finally knew what it was like to worship a woman with his body. She'd been so sweet and wonderfully responsive to everything.

He looked out at the window. It was midmorning. He should get up, but today he was off duty. So was Hinata. There was no need to leave the bed. He was content to just sleep next to her. But he should probably take her home. Her family was probably worried.

He felt her waking as she stretched then turned around to smile at him.

"Good morning, Naruto," she said.

"Hinata," he said as he took in her sleepy, tousled face. She looked like a well-loved woman and he smiled with satisfaction. He could get used to waking up like this all the time. He leaned in to kiss her on the mouth, but her stomach gurgled, making both of them laugh.

"Okay, let's have breakfast. I don't think we had dinner yesterday, either," she said. They both got up and Hinata made breakfast from the few ingredients she could find in his kitchen.

They spent the day together, with Hinata resting and Naruto fussing all over her, unable to sit still. He was not only sated but also excited to have her all to himself for such a long time. She'd sent another message to her father reassuring him she was fine. He'd responded by telling her to be home the following day.

They had a late lunch at Ichiraku but a few hours later, Hinata said, "I'm hungry."

He grinned at her. "I've only got instant ramen in the cupboards."

She shook her head as a flush started creeping up her neck. "Not for food."

Her startled squeak echoed through the living room when he suddenly picked her up in his arms and carried her, almost sprinting, to the bedroom.

His mouth wouldn't leave hers but he eventually settled her in the middle of the bed, and Hinata ran her palms over his arms and chest, enjoying the feel of his warm skin. She was already naked, but she took off his shirt, slowly undressing him until he sat only with his boxers. As she did, she bent to kiss him on his shoulders, his chest, but she stopped because she wanted to do more.