Trust Me

Hey Hey. So Second book! Someone told me to name it the 'Broken Promises Series' Maybe? What you think? Grr it's hard to find people who look like the characters D:< Oh well, Here's Chapter one of Trust Me :)

 Editied 12/8/11 :)

________________________________________

"C'mon Jay-J, I'm not gonna let your drown." Kaden said from in the pool. I scowl at him. We were in my back yard. Sure it's October, but Kaden's been trying to get me to swim since the day I got out of the hospital. You'd think almost drowning would turn me off swimming permanently but no, here I am letting Kaden try and teach me to swim again.

Kaden's lucky I even forgave him. Sure he kept his promise, he saved me. But he and the guys basically killed me! Well dramatic much but whatever. I can be dramatic if I want to, it's my civil right!

"Jay-J, try and swim!" Tyler encouraged from his spot in the grass.

"Shut up, Tyler, before I stuff this swimming noodle down your throat!" I exclaim, flailing around the swimming noodle, that I'd gripped close to me only moments ago.

Looking back at Kaden, his wet hair plastered to his face nearly covering his bright eyes. To my dismay, we aren't dating. At least I admit to myself I love him. I love my best friend. Such a terrible cliché. But there's no way I'll admit my feelings to him.

Especially since he has a girlfriend.

He jumps off a boat and saves me from drowning, waits in the hospital for days for me to wake up, and then he meets a slut and they're dating after a day. I knew he was a player but still, that's a little much.

"Jay-J, just try." Kaden asks, almost beggin, holding out his arms from the water showing he wont let me drown. "C'mon! Go Jay-J, Go!" Justin chants along with Joel. They start pumping their arms in rhythm with their chants.

The water, no matter how clear, had an eerie feel about it. It was like drowning, all over again. Cold filling your lungs, disoriented and confused. Never wish drowning on someone, because I wouldn't wish that on the worst person who walks this earth. 

With ungodly amounts of fear and adrenaline pulsing through me, I take the tiny step that separates me from the water. My feet pierce through the heated water, but Kaden stops me from sinking any farther than my chest.

My breathing is a million miles an hour. Our faces are no less then a few inches apart.

"I-uh- I have to take a shower? Chlorine will ruin my hair" Kaden stutters. He helps me out of the water before retreating the backyard faster than Kaden possible. He's a slow runner, what can I say?

Tyler, Joel, and Justin were laughing to the point of clutching their stomachs. I didn't get it, all I know is Kaden runs like a penguin. "What?" I ask watching the guys, who are now sprawled over the grass in hysterics.

"If we tell you, we'd ruin your innocence, so no. Besides Kaden would kill us." Joel laughed. I mentally cuss him out as I head inside the house. Wet swim suit outside in October isn't exactly comfortable, even if the pools heated. The rest of the world isn't! At least not yet...

Carefully, I leave the glass doors open for the guys to come in, just  incase they decide to grow up.

I grab a pair of jeans, and a blue t-shirt out of the clean clothes basket. We never used to do that before my aunt came to live with us. Apparently legally we have to have someone over eighteen living with us. Everyone thought Xander was eighteen, but nope. He's seventeen like Kasey and I, only he's a month away from eighteen. We'd just turned seventeen the day I almost drowned. What a great birthday, huh?

Soon, I walk into the bathroom so I could change. While putting the t-shirt on I look at myself in the mirror. My hair was so much darker, dark brown. It darkened really fast for no reason. Everyone said I look more and more like my mom everyday. It's an amazing feeling to know I look like her, it's something I can hold on to.

After putting the new clothes on, I leave the bathroom. The guys were in the kitchen, raiding my fridge as always. Xander had come home, so he was happily helping.

"Get out the cookie dough." I tell Tyler who's passing food to everyone.

"Yes Captain Valentine!" He salutes. I stick out my tongue as I slide into a bar stool. Our aunt had bought them, she was sick of us sitting on the counters. Doesn't really stop us though since she's barely ever home.

Tyler slides the cookie dough down to me, "Shanks" I laugh. Joel thought 'Shanks' was the next big thing. He could dream right? It sounds like whoever is saying it wants to kill someone. Violently, at that.

Joel sticks his tongue out at me. Maybe we all need to grow up. Fast.

I open the cookie dough and start eating it raw. It's always so much better raw since I can't cook cookies worth shit. "Hey Joel, how are you and Kasey doing?" I ask shoveling another finger full of cookie dough in my mouth.

"Extremely well actually." he smirks. Kasey and I had actually grown even closer acting like real sisters. Thank goodness for Joel. I worshipped him for a whole day.

"When's Kasey getting home anyway?" Joel asks wagging his eye brows. I couldn't help but shiver in disgust. "Eww."

"Oh get over it innocent child. Kaden always makes us censor shit."

I laugh, Thank goodness the guys don't know I haven't even had my first kiss. I'd be tormented forever. Kaden walks into the kitchen, and starts eating my cookie dough. "Have a nice shower?" Tyler snorts.

"Oh definitely." Kaden glares, his face going red.

I still don't get it.

Kaden digs into my cookie dough with two fingers. "Thief!" I exclaim. He just shrugs and continues to eat. I take in a deep breath and ignore him. It doesn't matter if I love him or he's the king of France he's never going to be aloud to eat my cookie dough without my permission. Wait does France still have a King?

Somehow thinking of kings reminds me of Chess. Kaden and I had both started playing it a lot. It lets us be competitive without us killing each other. The worst we can do is throw the pieces at each other and flip the board, at most flip a table.

No harm, no foul.

"Wanna play Chess?" Kaden asks randomly looking at me for an answer.

"You're gonna lose, Loser" I smirk. Things are finally falling in place. If he loses his girlfriend, Krystal, everything would be perfect.

___________________________________________

I swear if it's one page >_<