Chapter 20: Beginning Of Motherhood

CHAPTER 20: BEGINNING OF MOTHERHOOD

Aurora had already bought Sophia's car seat the previous day and had set up her room in princess theme; she just hoped Sophia liked it.

Once Sophia was strapped in, Aurora asked her, "Are you comfortable princess?"

"Yes mommy" Sophia replied. Aurora was shocked at what Sophia had just called her, she didn't know how proud she would feel and was overwhelmed by emotions that she started to tear up and hugged Sophia. Either that or it was almost that time of month.

"Awe you ok? I'm sowwy, I won't call you mommy if you don't want me to" Sophia said with a look of sadness on her face.

Aurora pulled back confused while Sophia wiped her tears with her small hands.

"No baby, of course I want you to call me mommy, I just didn't know that you would" Aurora replied and gave her a kiss on her cheek.

Sophia giggled and said, "Ok mommy"

Aurora smiled at her and got into the driver seat. The whole drive was spent with Sophia telling Aurora how cool the things outside looked and how she wanted to visit them.

Aurora stopped at her apartment and came to the back to get Sophia and her bag.

"Let's go?" she asked and Sophia nodded.

Aurora held Sophia's hand in her left hand while she had her purse and Sophia's bag in her right hand. When the got to the elevator she was about to press the button when Sophia's voice stopped her,

"Mommy! Can I pwess the button?" she asked.

Aurora smiled down at her and said "Of course" She watched as Sophia trotted to the button and pressed it, she then turned towards Aurora with a proud smile.

They climbed into the elevator and Aurora pointed to the button Sophia would have to press. They got off on their floor and Aurora led her to the door.

Once inside Aurora took off her shoes and helped Sophia take hers off.

"Ok, baby now I have your room set up for you, but if there is anything else that you want or don't like, tell me! And we can go shopping for your clothes tomorrow, sound good?" she asked Sophia.

"Yup, thank you mommy!" she said and hugged Aurora once again. Aurora picked her up along with her princess bag and took her to her pink princess themed room.

Sophia's silver eyes went wide and her little pink lips shaped into an 'o', she was awed by the room.

"Is this fow me?" she asked a bit timidly. Aurora nodded nervously not knowing if Sophia would like it, but to her joy, Sophia threw her arms around Aurora's neck and hugged her close.

"You'we the best mommy evew" she told her.

"Thank you baby, you like it?" Aurora asked hopefully.

"I love it mommy, thank you" and to Aurora's delight, Sophia leaned in and softly kissed her cheek.

Aurora set Sophia down and went to the white chest that had some clothes Aurora had bought previously. She took out a pair of pink pajamas for Sophia and handed them to her. "How about you change, and then I'll tuck you in?" Sophia nodded and went to the bathroom to change.

Aurora sighed happily, and heard her phone beep. She went towards it to see two texts, one from Giovanni and one from Dominic.

Wanna go out on New Years Eve? We can spend it together ;) - D

How is Sophia? Is she adjusting well? Also wanted to know if you would be able to make it to a New Years dinner, kids allowed. - G

Aurora read the two texts and was comparing how different both men are. Whereas Dominic still seemed to be in his high school stage, Giovanni was matured years above his age.