Chapter 22: Heart To Heart

CHAPTER 22: HEART TO HEART

Giovanni was once again in his office working on the pile of files that he had to go through. He was usually a very focused, dedicated and hardworking individual, but ever since the dinner on New Year's, his mind kept swirling around his grandma's words making him lose focus. She's the type of woman that God gives you early in life, so if you lose her, you'll know loss for the rest of your life. After saying those words, she had left him speechless and unable to understand what she meant by that.

He so desperately wanted to know Aurora on a more personal level, but did not know how to approach her about it. Of course he could just do it the traditional way and ask her out on a date, but he didn't know if he was ready for a committed relationship after her.

It might've been 2 years, but every time he thought of that night, the same pain hit him and the sheer force of it was enough to douse any thoughts of being in a relationship again.

He sighed and leaned back in his chair, not sure of what he wanted to do next. He'll just have to wait and see what fate has planned for him.

~***~

Aurora was exhausted, in between taking care of Sophia and the boy troubles that lingered closely in the back of her mind. She needed a break and she knew the perfect person she needed to talk to.

She called him and asked to meet him, telling him that she has exciting news to share with him.

Sean was over at her apartment within a couple minutes overfilled with energy. He came in and they both greeted each other with a hug.

Aurora filled him in on what has been going on in her life since the last time they met. She told him about meeting Dominic, about meeting Giovanni in Pittsburgh, the Christmas party, and finally the New Year's dinner.

After their little chat, Sean was overwhelmed; little did he know that Aurora had left out a vital part in all of that. Just as Sean was going to let Aurora know of his opinions on that matter, he saw a little figure walking out of one of th bedrooms rubbing its eyes.

Sean shrieked and jumped on the couch taking in Sophia's small form before turning an accusing glare in Aurora's direction.

"Whose child is that? Because I have not left you long enough for you to have a three-year-old kid"

"Sophia, come sit by me. Do you want to eat something?" She asked Sophia, completely ignoring Sean's question, which he did not miss.

"No mommy" she replied still in a daze from her afternoon nap. She walked over to her dolls lying in the corner and started playing with them.

"Sean, meet my daughter Sophia. I adopted her around Christmas time"

"That is so cute! Why didn't you tell me before? Just because I haven't been in the hospital lately, does not mean you can just cut me out of your life"

"Don't worry Sean, that's not what I'm trying to do at all. As for the other problems I told you about, please tell me what to do," She pleaded with him.

"Look from what you've told me, Giovanni seems like a decent guy, just a bit too...detached. Dominic on the other hand is like the golden boy of high school; perfect looks, perfect job, and perfect charm. So the obvious choice is Dom, but you said that you don't feel as strongly towards him as you used to. Everything correct so far?" He asked her.

She just nodded, too absorbed in his words to speak.

"Well, Dom seems too perfect, too good to be true. But there's no reason for us to say he is anything but. You just don't feel as strongly for him. Giovanni on the other hand is your newly acquired love interest and is a bit detached; no trace of his parents, and is very close to his grandma. I mean the choice is up to you but just remember something. My mom would always tell my sister, if you're ever confused between two people, choose the second one. Because if you had truly loved the first you would have never fallen for the second"

"So Giovanni? But I don't even know if he even likes me! Plus, do you think he'll really be able to handle me after what happened that night? You know I'm practically incapable of being in a relationship after that"

"I know honey, just remember that if he can, then he is the one. Because you're worth all of that and more" he told her sincerely.

"Thank you Sean" she whispered to him.

"No problem girly! Anything for you" he said in a lighter tone. "How are they with Sophia?"

"Well, Sophia has taken up an instantaneous hate towards Dom, but she gets along great with Giovanni. If I didn't know any better I would've that he was her father," she said with a roll of her eyes. "I mean, at times she prefers him over me" she said with a huff.

"It's definitely Giovanni," he said with a laugh. "Anyways, I have to go now. It's later than I thought it was" he said and got up to leave, hugging both Sophia and Aurora good-bye.

 Giovanni was sitting at home, browsing through the channels on tv, when his phone beeped, indicating he had a new text message. He leaned forward to see an anonymous number and checked the message

Would you like to meet the person behind your precious Gabriela's death? They might be closer than you think

Later on in the evening, Aurora got a text from an anonymous number. She picked up her phone out of curiosity and read the text

If their death affected you so much, why did you let them slip away in front of your eyes?

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Hey!! So this is a very short but very vital chapter. Don't forget to  vote, comment and share! Please comment; I want to here your thoughts and let me knew what you think of the texts! 

~Anna