Chapter 14: Mystery Presents

CHAPTER 14: MYSTERY PRESENTS

Aurora wakes up the next morning with a smile on her face and the thoughts of last night come rushing back to her. Giovanni is actually a really sweet guy, and she wishes to get to know him more but he always seems like such a closed book. She shrugs the thoughts off and goes into her bathroom to take a shower. She gets out her black colored scrubs and puts them on.

When she is ready, she gets her phone, keys purse and an apple and is out the door to her car.

Aurora arrives at the hospital and is greeted by the sight of many nurses gushing over a big bouquet of red roses at the reception for someone. That's nothing new, it's probably just for one of the patients, so why is everyone so excited? She thought to herself. Her questions were answered when she passed by the desk but the receptionist called out for her,

"Dr. Brooks"

Aurora turned around and walked up to the desk, "Yes Linda? What's the commotion about?"

"That's what I wanted to tell you about! Someone has sent you a bouquet of red roses with a package" the young blonde gushes excitedly.

Aurora was bewildered for a moment. Who could've sent red roses for her? There was no one she could think of that would send her anything at the hospital,

"Ok Linda, does it say who sent them? Or a card?"

"Yes, there is a card but it doesn't say who its from"

Aurora nodded and picked up both things to take back to her office. As soon as she closed the door, she dumped everything on her desk and sat down on her chair. She picked up the bouquet of roses and smelt them before putting them in a vase that was lying around. She picked out the card and it read I hope the flowers were able to bring a smile to your lips this morning!

Aurora was flattered but kind of creeped out because she had no idea who this could be. She decided to wait it out, and moved on to the ivory box that had a big gold bow on it. It had the name of an expensive designer on it written in cursive. What she found when she opened the box left her stunned, it was a simple strapless maroon dress that went down to the floor.

She was speechless, who could've been this admired by her that they decided to send such an expensive dress? That question of hers stayed unanswered and she continued to work throughout the day.

Sometime during the afternoon Giovanni came by for the weekly report and to discuss things with her.

"Hello, Aurora"

"Hi Giovanni. How are you? Please take a seat"

"Thank you and I am doing very well, what about you?"

"I'm good, just very stressed"

"Is everything alright?" he immediately asked with a worried look etched on his face.

"Yes everything's fine it's just been a busy day"

He nodded and looked around her office until his eyes landed on a bouquet of red roses with an ivory designer box beside it.

"Part to go to tonight?" he tried to ask offhandedly.

Aurora looked up at him and followed his line of sight that led to the dress and roses. She laughed softly; "Try secret admirer" and she shook her head in amusement.

Giovanni's fists immediately clenched at his sides and he got a burning feeling inside of him that made him want to suddenly punch a wall but he had to stay calm because of Aurora.

"Do you have any idea of who could've sent them? Or a card that came with it?" Giovanni asked through gritted teeth.

Aurora was slightly startled by his change in demeanor from calm to the sudden furious look that had come upon his face. She didn't understand why he was so interested in the items that she didn't even bother sparing a second glance at.