Chapter 17: Meetup Gone Wrong

CHAPTER 17: MEETUP GONE WRONG

Giovanni got off of work at 6 o clock and decided that now would be a good time to talk to Aurora about the Christmas plans she had for the pediatric ward. He took out his cellphone and dialed her number, after three rings, he heard her angelic voice speak out, "Hi Giovanni"

"Hi Aurora, I wanted to know if you would like to meet now to discuss the Christmas plans you were talking about for the pediatric ward?"

Aurora's eyes widened as she heard Giovanni speak about that and she was thrilled that not only had he remembered but he also actually wanted to talk about it.

"Are you serious? You're actually going to be doing it?"

That confused Giovanni, he had told her that they would be doing it right? So why was she asking him again?

"Yes" he spoke slowly, "I did tell you that we would be doing it when you called this afternoon, did I not?"

Aurora rolled her eyes, "Well yes but I thought you might've just told me to shut me up for the time being and then not actually do it" she told him sheepishly.

He chuckled lowly at that but then told her in a very serious and firm tone, "Aurora if I ever tell you that I will do something, I will always do it. I don't go back on my word, I'm known for it," he added in a lighter tone.

Aurora was slightly stunned at the sincerity in his words; he said it with so much truth and conviction in them, an intensity that she had never heard from him before.

"O-ok" she stuttered, "I'll meet you right now, I'm not doing anything. Where do you want to meet?" she asked him.

"What about the café near the hospital, unless you haven't had dinner yet, then we can go have some dinner and discuss it then" he told her.

"I've had dinner, we can meet at the café near the hospital. I'll be there in 5 minutes," she told him.

"Alright, I'll be there in 10 minutes"

"Ok, bye Giovanni"

"Bye Aurora"

Aurora hung up and turned the car in the direction of the café. When she got there, she saw a couple of guys loitering outside despite the no loitering sign that was plastered right above them.

She decided it would be safer to go inside and wait at a table for Giovanni, so she got out of her car and headed towards the café. As she was walking towards the entrance, her path was blocked by one of the guys that she saw standing outside. She clears her throat and politely asks him, "Excuse me, can you please move out of the way?" in a soft voice.

The man smirks at her and shakes his head, "A shy one are ya? She'll be a lot of fun" he said the latter part to the other men who had now surrounded Aurora, while she began to shake in fear. "Please, just let me go through, I'll give you money or anything you want" she pleaded them, but they wouldn't listen.

"It's not your money we want sweet cheeks," he said smiling a yellow-toothed smile.

"What do you want then?" she asked with tears in her eyes and the fear displayed clearly.

"You" he said with a grin so evil that it actually sent a shiver down her back, not the good one.

Giovanni parked his car beside Aurora's that he saw in the parking lot and got out of his own before locking it. He started towards the entrance but noticed a big circle of men by it. He thought nothing of it and started walking again, until he heard a blood-curdling scream that froze the blood in his veins.