Chapter 19: Christmas Eve

CHAPTER 19: CHRISTMAS EVE

It was the morning of December 24th so Aurora decided to dress in Christmassy colors in honor of Christmas and to humor the children that she decided she would visit sometime during the day. While getting dressed, she had a goal in mind; a goal that she wanted to fulfill by the end of the day of all formalities went by smoothly.

She smoothened her dress and turned to look towards the full length mirror in her room; she had on a red Santa dress with black tights and black booties, to complete the outfit she donned a Santa hat and was ready to head out.

After checking she had all she would need for the day, she headed out the door to her car.

When she got to the hospital, many compliments were thrown towards her ranging from, 'you look cute' to 'gorgeous' and some even said 'stunning'. Aurora accepted each compliment humbly without a hint of arrogance.

After dropping her coat and bag in her office, she went towards the pediatric area of the hospital, more specifically towards Sophia.

As she was having a conversation with one of the nurses, a small force was felt by Aurora who stumbled a bit. Looking down, she realized it was Sophia clinging to her legs.

She excused herself from the conversation and crouched down to Sophia's level to give her a hug, as soon as she pulled back Sophia started speaking in her cute lisp, "I missed you Auwowa! Whewe wewe you yestewday?"

Aurora couldn't help herself and gave Sophia a big kiss on her cheek, "I was at home baby, but I do have a surprise for you today!" she told Sophia with a grin that matched the excitement radiating from her.

Sophia jumped up and down clapping her hands, "What is it Auwowa? Is it a toy?"

Aurora pretended to think about it by tapping her chin with a finger, "Well, there might be a toy included in the surprise, but you'll get to know later alright sweetie?" she asked her tenderly. Sophia nodded, which made her blonde curls bounce.

"Ok Auwowa"

"Ok sweetie, I'll see you later alright? I have to go do dome work now!" Sophia pouted slightly but then nodded.

"But you'll come back wight?" she asked Aurora with her wide silver eyes showing nothing but hope.

Aurora's gaze softened significantly and she crouched down once again to give her a kiss on her cheek.

"Of course I'll be back princess" and with that Sophia beamed up at Aurora while Aurora just laughed softly at her innocence. She watched Sophia skip away to play with the rest of her children, hopefully her surprise works out well by the end of the day.

The day went by as boring as ever but since her shift ended early today, Aurora was extraordinarily happy. She went around greeting patients with her warmest smiles and wishing everyone that passed by happy holidays.

The phone call towards the end of her shift did nothing but lift her spirits even higher and she couldn't wait until Giovanni would come and they could start the Christmas party that they had spent the last week organizing.

She sighed; hopefully all would go well for her and everyone else.

The day had finally ended and she was able to get out of her lab coat and go to the children's area once again to watch the kids playing around without a care in the world. Some might not even live to see the sunrise tomorrow but that didn't mean they would sit around and mope. They would play and enjoy life as best as they could. She really admired children for this innocence and carelessness that they had and couldn't wait to have her own.