Chapter 23: Opinions

CHAPTER 23: OPINIONS

Aurora stared horrified at the message displayed before her; she couldn't believe what she as reading.

Memories of that night came flooding back to her and crashed over her like a wave, drowning her in the bitter memories of that night. Two years and the impact of it was the exact same as it was that night.

She watched her sister and her fiancé die in front of her eyes. The message was true, except there was no one but her there that night. Aurora did not have the courage to tell anyone what she had seen except her brother.

So who could have sent that message to her?

~***~

Giovanni was shocked to say the least. He had no idea of who could've been the one to send him a message about something that was buried so deep within the confines of his heart.

He had long ago buried memories of that night, they were to be never dug open again. But someone knows who killed her and apparently, that person is close to him.

He leaned back against the sofa and closed his eyes trying to control the onslaught of emotions that were rushing through him. He had no idea how to deal with these kinds of strong feelings after not having experienced them for so long.

He opened his eyes and picked up the phone that was thrown haphazardly on the sofa cushion beside him. He punched in a few number and the person on the other end picked up after a few rings,

"I need you to get here as fast as you can, preferably with some strong alcohol" Giovanni said after he heard the person on the other end pick up.

"Why? Is everything ok?"

"I just need you to be here"

"Alright, I'm on my way"

Giovanni threw the phone away and rubbed over his face tiredly. The night has just begun.

~***~

Aurora turned off the ignition of the car and locked it after getting Sophia out. She strode purposefully towards the door and knocked, hoping he was still awake at this hour.

The door opened and Logan was surprised to see his sister holding a sleeping Sophia at his house so late in the night. She barely visited him and for her to be visiting so late at night mean that there had to be something wrong.

He quickly opened the door wider and asked her, "What's wrong Aurora?"

Aurora went to sit at the couch and laid Sophia down beside her. "Logan, I don't know what to do" she said and burst into tears.

Logan quickly walked towards Aurora and hugged her small body to his, he could feel her frame shaking with the force of her sobs and he tried to ask her what was wrong but she was too busy soaking his shirt with her tears.

After a couple of minutes he heard her sobs stop to small sniffs and hiccups. He lifted her head from his chest and asked once again in a soft tone, "Tell me what's wrong Aurora"

"Some-someone knows about that night"

"What night? What are you talking about?"

"The day she died, someone else was there and that person messaged me" She said through her hiccups.

Logan felt the color drain from his face at her revelation.

"Who was it? And where did you get the message from?"

"I got a text message on my phone from an anonymous number, it's not from here and I've never seen it before"

"Give me your phone" Logan told her.