Chapter 17

Banryu was nowhere to be found during last night's events. And it made me nervous. My mind automatically assumed the worst. His family had something to do with the assassins.

We were in the infirmary in Hwarang House, waiting for Seonu to wake up. "It does not look like he was hurt." Suho pointed out. "But why is he still unconscious?"

"I looked all over him, and there is not an inch where he is well. However, there were no critical injuries." Yeoul stated. "Then why is he not waking up?" Suho asked. "I have been thinking it was strange that he faints sometimes." Yeoul said to himself.

"He faints?" Suho and I said together. "Did you not know about his fainting suddenly?" We looked back at him. No, I didn't. It's odd though.

Later on we were all eating the Hwarang dining hall but something was off. Ban-Ryu was with his old friends. That made my suspicions of last night stronger. "Banryu is sitting over there. Does it metaphorically mean it went back to old times?"

"Metaphorically? He is just being straightforward." Hansung said. Suho got up and went over to talk to him.

"Where were you last night?" Suho asked, straight up. "Mind your own business." He replied, not even looking up. I had such a bad feeling.

"They were assassins. Seonu almost got killed." Banryu had paused. "And we could not find you all night. Could that be a coincidence?" Suho pressed on. Banryu put down his chopsticks and looked up at Suho for the first time. "I do not care what you are imagining. However, move aside. I am losing my appetite with the Queen's dog around." I sighed. What happened to him. He's been avoiding me all day. I have no idea what's up with him. His friends laughed too. "Are you running away again? To be the bad guy?"

Banryu got frustrated as he looked up at Suho. "I am warning you. Do not act like you are my friend."

"You better not be involved in last night's incident. If you are involved by any chance, you are a complete bastard. Thus, I will kill you." Suho said and his reaction was enough. His dad is going way too far.

Seonu came into the room as Suho sat back down and one of the boys handed him food. "Oh thank you." He said, and the boys were staring at him. "What is it?" He asked them, noticing their stares. "Since the assassins came last night, everyone believes you are the King now." Yeoul slapped Hansung making him quiet. "Forget about it." Yeoul told Seonu.

"Are you okay Your...." Suho stopped himself. "Are you okay?" "You know it's weird too, right?" Seonu spoke up, and Suho nodded. "I do."

Hansung gave Seonu some of his food. "Eat this. It tastes good."

"Since we're on the topic, are you really His Majesty?" Yeoul asked. "You can tell us, can you not?" He added and Suho nudged him. Seonu stood up. "What?" We asked him.

"I have no appetite." Seonu responded and left. Yeoul was kicked by Suho. He isn't the King. So why does he get so touchy when asked?

Wihwa wanted to speak to Jinheung, Seonu and I. "I asked the three of you here to ask you a question." He looked passed us. "Come in."

Aro walked into the room. "She's my hired help. She is the physician in Hwarang House, but she does all sorts of jobs on the outside. I am sure you do not need an introduction. Anyway, my hired help says she discovered something interesting. Brief them." He said to her.

"The thing is, we are out of medicine to treat an epidemic that struck the capital and all of Silla. The epidemic has swept to Makmang Village and people are dying, but we cannot do anything. I found out where the medicine ingredients are by chance. And they are in Master Young-Shil's shed." My head shot up. "He has enough to make medicine for everyone in Silla, to be cured in that shed. But he will not share or sell them even if they rot. Rather, if he hears that there is any available, he buys them all and stores them in his shed. Thus, no one can by the medicine no matter how much they pay. Master Young-Shil must be waiting for the epidemic to worsen so he can sell the medicine for more than it's weight in gold. But people in peasant towns like Makmang Village will all die before then." Oh my god. I knew Banryu's step father was bad, but this is a whole new level.