Episode 8

Chapter 8

We promised to all meet back at the wall of Hwarang House at 3am to avoid getting caught. I went to go find my brother and Banryu went to find Suho and Yeoul after our talk. Pa-Oh was with my brother and I with the wall. "You promised to meet by 3am but they are not here. You should not befriend them." Pa-Oh complained. "It keeps me up at night when I think about you both, sharing that room with those animals. Haneul how do you do it." He asked looking at me. "Oh, don't worry about me. They will not mess with me again. They've seen me snap." I said, shrugging my shoulders. "It's true." Jinheung confirmed. "Still, you're being treated at their level." My brother and I laughed at him. "What is our level? You know we are nothing yet. Not even him." I told Pa-Oh, looking at my brother.

"What do you mean?" Pa-Oh asked. "How could you say that? You were and still are the last real Princess of Goguryeo. The Royal Family there is not even royal. They were normal townspeople chosen by other normal townspeople to take the place of your family. And you, are the Master of Silla. I know and the stars know. You know Your Majesties as well." We looked at him. He was honestly the best "father-figure" we have had. He has been treating me like his daughter, and does the same with Jinheung, even though we are not related. He blinked and looked away. He is too kind. We do not deserve him.

"Right. Come to think of it, they have mistreated me often." My brother spoke up. "I should write down their names and have their limbs pulled out. Actually, no, what is that when you cook them to death?" I had to keep in my laugh. Pa-Oh looked at my brother with a face of terror and shock. "Do you mean boil them to death?" Pa-Oh asked confused. "Yes. That's it. I will do that to them. Do you understand?" He said, completely serious, looking at Pa-Oh. "I shall obey your orders, Your Majesty." He said, and then we saw Seonu walking up to us. He gestured for Pa-Oh to go. He took off quietly. "Are you insane??" I whisper-yelled. "I didn't mean it." My brother asked. "Yeah but he didn't think so." I half-yelled at him. "What took you so long? Do you know how long I've been waiting?" My brother asked Seonu, completely ignoring me. "I am not someone who waits for people." My brother continued. But then he copped. Seonu did not look too good. Thank god he did because my hand would have connected with his head if he didn't. "What is this? You went to your mother's memorial. Should you not look better than that?" He asked. Why is it that when it comes to comforting people that aren't me, he turns into an idiot. I rolled my eyes and facepalmed. "Jidwi." I scolded. Seonu said nothing for moment and then started talking. "Is it possible to forget your childhood memories of your own mother?" He asked, looking up at us and he looked completely distraught.

"For example, whether or not your mother was mute." Oh my god. That's tough. I can see why that would make him upset. "I envy you. I cannot forget my memories of my mother no matter how much I want to. What fool lost such a memory?" I slapped my brother on the back of the head. "Ow!" He yelled, rubbing his head. "Me." Seonu responded. My brother's face changed, and he shut up pretty quickly and I knew he had put it together. By then it was too late though.

We had no time to talk any more because Yeoul appeared with Banryu and an unconscious Suho. My eyes widened at him, still unconscious. Did I seriously hit him that hard?? "You are all here." Yeoul announced, fanning himself. "What is that?" My brother asked, looking at the confusing sight of Banryu carrying his supposed rival on his back. He was struggling with the dead weight though, stumbling every so often. Yeoul put his arms around Seonu and Jinheung's shoulders. "I understand it is a strange sight but let us chat inside." Yeoul guided the boys and I to the wall. "Hey. Why am I the only one who must carry him. Harin is the reason he is in this state in the first place. She's the one who knocked him out." Banryu complained. Damn. I was hoping it would not be brought up.... My brother looked at me with wide eyes, just like Seonu. "Yes! I did okay? But I saw him go to knock Banryu over the head with something, so I had to get to him first. So, I did..." I trailed off. They were looking at me like I was crazy. "I didn't think I'd knock him out okay?!" I ran over to Banryu and helped him put Suho down so the both of us could carry him. I put one of his arms around my shoulders and the other around his back and Banryu did the same.