Chapter 11

We were called to the infirmary of Hwarang House because Seonu fell off his horse after passing out. We were standing around him, and he was out cold. "He fell from a horse?" Suho asked. "His horse returned without him, so I went...and found him like this." Yeoul explained. "At least a physician was nearby thankfully." Dansae, who was Hansung's older half-brother and Seonu's trainee said, We all turned around to look over at Aro, who had been sitting, staring into space since we got there. "She must be in shock to have witnessed her brother falling off a horse." Suho said. "Why did you call me in here?" Banryu asked. "Suho sighed. "This is why they say you are rude. How can you say that when our roommate might die?" He said worriedly. "I feel sorry for your future wife." He added and Banryu looked over at me, and then blushed. My eyes went a bit wide, and I blushed a little too. He...

The boys decided to leave then. Banryu was the last one, and he looked to me to see was I coming with him. "I'll be right out." I told him and he nodded, leaving. I knelt down in front of Aro but she continued to stare into space. "He'll be fine. I promise. He's got his sister, an ace physician looking after him." I told her, putting my hands on hers. She moved her eyes to look up at me. "Do you want me to stay here and watch him if you want to go rest?" I offered. She smiled and shook her head. "No, it's okay, your Highness."

Oh yeah, I forgot about the fact that she knows about us. "Anytime. Let me know if you need anything." I told her giving her a small hug and I left too.

Seonu was still unconscious after four and a half days. We could not tell Aro, but we were worried about him ever waking up.

We were waiting in the room with him today and my brother sent Aro to rest. Yeoul and Suho were lying either side of him because his temperature dropped. Banryu, Jinheung and I sat on the bench. Seonu started to stir in his sleep and then his eyes opened fully. I shifted in my seat. "It's so hot. It's uncomfortable." He complained, still half asleep, and Suho and Yeoul moved, meaning they had woken up too. "What are you doing?" Seonu whined, sitting up. "Are you up?" Jinheung asked, and he looked over at the three of us. "I saved you." Suho said, half-asleep, but still had a smile on his face. "We saved him together." Yeoul said, also half-asleep and tried to hug Suho and put a leg on him but he got pushed away. I laughed a small bit to myself.

Seonu started to look around, but his question was answered before he could even ask it. "If you're looking for your sister, she is not here." Jinheung told him. "Where is she?" Seonu asked. "She did not get any sleep for 4 nights. So, I sent her away to get some rest. You know how stubborn she is. So, it was not easy."

"How long was I unconscious for?" Seonu asked. "Four and a half days." I replied.

We had sword training later that day and Seonu was as good as new. Then it was lunch. Aro was waiting at the doors of the dining hall. Seonu stopped in front of her and waited for her to say something. "How do you feel?" She asked him. "Fine." He answered bluntly, and I furrowed my eyebrows. Why is he being so cold towards her? She stopped him from taking another step. "I saved your life. Are you not going to thank me?" She asked next. "Thank you." He said and went into the hall.

She looked upset. My brother also looked at her with sympathy. I walked up to her and took her arm. "Come with me." I said and pulled her somewhere to sit down. "Now tell me. Girl to girl. What is going on with you two. You'd swear you weren't siblings at all." I said and widened my eyes when I saw her face. "What? He's not actually your brother?" I asked.

"No. My real brother is dead. That's his best friend." He said. Wait, her brother was the guy Kangsung beat up? "He fell off his horse and I got so worried. I realised that I really started to like him and I got scared I'd never be able to tell him if he didn't wake up and I was telling him this as he was passed out, but then he sat up briefly to kiss me, ad then he passed out again, and that's when Yeoul found us and we brought him back." She said. "But he's pretending it never happened. Unless he doesn't actually remember." She added sadly.