Chapter 39

Ethan

"Stop slouching around, Ethan." Lydia punched my arm and Adrian laughed at me as I let out a groan, so loud that the boy smoking weed beside us got startled and left. Yeah, anyways I didn't want damaged lungs. Thank you very much.

"Poor boy, something always interrupts you." Adrian pointed out and chuckled as he shook his head at me.

"I'm getting out of here. You both aren't helping my case." I grumbled and started walking away from the two.

"Oi, you leaving already?" Adrian yelled after me.

"Won't leave without her," I shouted back and saw Lydia's face splitting up into a wide grin.

"Just tell the girl that you're oh-so-madly in love with her." She remarked her grin still intact.

"Madly? Why be madly in love with someone when you can be passionately in love with them?" I mean why be madly in love and not deeply or sanely?

"My boy, I have taught you so well." Adrian whistled and mockingly wiped the invisible tear from under his eye.

"Yeah? Then why didn't you yourself use some of those things on your girlfriend when you were wooing her, huh?" I rolled my eyes at him as he stuck his middle finger up in the air, his girlfriend laughing beside him and I tipped a salute at the two as a form of adieu.

Dodging people on my way, I started looking for Leah so that I can spend some time with her and the party could at least become bearable for me to some extent.

Leah. With the way my heart changed its rhythm of beating when my eyes had settled on her earlier tonight, I was sure I wouldn't be able to think appropriately tonight. It wasn't just that sinful, red dress of her that had my jaw-dropping, it was the way her eyes were taking me in. They were intriguing yet the innocence in them made it difficult for me to breathe normally. All of it without her even trying.

"Holy smokes!" Yes, those were my words when I saw Leah descending down the stairs with determined steps, her fingers curled up in fists and her face, oh my, her face matched the shade of her red dress as her eyes roamed over the room, narrowing into slits as they settled on her prey.

Jessica Marvin.

Within no time at all, Leah was behind her, and to add to the drama, the speakers ceased blasting the music as well as people stopped doing whatever it was that they were doing when Leah grabbed a hold of Jessica's arm, spun her around and connected her palm with her cheek. The impact of that slap was clearly visible as all of Leah's five fingers were seen painted on Jessica's cheek.

Now I had double thoughts about waking her at six.

"You scum, what part of 'stay out of my business' did you not get? Huh?" Leah looked beyond mad as she seethed those words at Jessica, taking her arm and twisting it.

"What the fuck? Have you lost it totally, you psycho?" Jessica hissed and yanked her hand away.

"Oh trust me, dear Jessi, you haven't seen me losing my shit completely. Yet." Leah let out a cackle and glared at her prey.

Is it bad that I didn't want to stop her? I mean Jessica must have done something really bad for Leah to react this way.

Trying to get near them, I pushed my way through the crowd, dodging a few drunk people on my way.

"You going to stop her?" Avery crashed into my side as she said this and turning her head, she yelled at the drunk person that was stumbling next to her, that caused her to crash into me, "Oi, don't drink so much if you can't handle the booze."