Chapter 23

Avery

"Good night, sis."

"Good night, dimwit." I walked into my room and kicked the door shut, rather violently in order to take out some of my built-up anger.

I'm going to kill Nolan Roberts once I lay my hands on him. Who the hell did he think he was to yell at me? That son of a bitch. He sure had the nerve to ask me what the fuck was wrong with me when the reason itself was clinging onto him tonight all the freaking time.

Fucking asshole.

That bastard asked me out on Friday after school and fuck I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to go out with him. Because, as cliché, as it sounds, that boy had my heart since the day he had kissed me senseless in front of the entire cafeteria in eighth grade when a boy was constantly nagging me to date him. Of course, Nolan had to face my brother's wrath after that kiss.

Letting out a loud groan, I angrily made my way to my bathroom to get ready for the bed, still pissed off at that bastard and his new bitch.

Changing into a pair of shorts and one of Jordan's t-shirt, I gruffly made my way towards the bed but stopped at my desk as a messaged pinged on my phone. It was from Nolan. I don't even want to read what he has to say. Sighing, I switched off the phone and went to sleep, hoping that the anger would subside to some extent in the morning.

Tap tap

Who the hell is it?

Tap

The fuck? Why is a bird knocking on my window at fucking three at night?

Tap tap tap

I would break its fucking beak.

"Avery!"

Does this bird speak?

"Fuck. Open your damn window."

Why does it sound like Nolan?

Avery stop. Don't think about that stupid boy.

"Damn it, open your window." My eyes opened and I jerked up from my sleep as I saw it was indeed Nolan who was tapping on my window.

"Shit. What the hell are you doing here at fucking dead of the night? Oh, yeah, fucking that bitch has fucked up your mind, right? Are you trying to kill yourself? If so, then go somewhere else. Not my window."

"Stop talking and help me out."

I held his arm and tried pulling him up but let's be honest here, my spaghetti arms were of no help in pulling this huge meatball up. He somehow managed to haul up his body up to my window sill and in one swift motion swung his legs and jumped into my room.

"Why are you here?" I hissed at him and leaned against my window frame, my arms crossed across my chest.

"I wanted to talk to you. You weren't answering my texts. Plus your phone was off when I tried calling you. This was the only option left."

"To die falling off my window?"

"God, you're so annoying." He was pissed. Very very pissed.

"Then fucking leave my house. Go fuck your new bitch. And if you've dumped her too, go find someone else to ge-" He grabbed me by the waist, effectively silencing me as he pressed his lips to mine.

He was angry. It was clear in the way he was kissing me, roughly. And that made me mad beyond limits.

Did he really think he could up and kiss me like that?! How wrong!