Chapter 9

Leah

"Why am I friends with you again?" I asked Avery as I sat in a pile of my clothes that were strewn on the bed, credits of Avery Hughes.

"Because I can stick my tongue in my nose?" She suggested as she emerged from my closet and threw another piece of clothing at me. To prove her point, she actually stuck her tongue in her nose going cross-eye. I gave her a flat look.

"That's gross Aves." Lydia scrunched up her nose at Avery when she came out of my bathroom all dressed up in a red top and black jeans.

"I'm not going to this stupid party," I huffed and crossed my arms across my chest to prove my point. I don't get the point of going to a house packed with drunk teenagers, dry humping in the middle of the dance floor. Not to forget the one's throwing up in the plant pots.

"Come on Leah it won't be that bad. Plus Tony has invited his college friends as well. More guys to look at to quench our progesterone. You know older guys are always a turn-on." Avery tried reasoning. I didn't know why was she trying so hard. In the end, I won't be going to this party.

Tony, the person who was hosting the party, was a couple of years older than us and was studying at the university. When he was in high school, he was known for throwing the wildest of parties.

"You should spend less time with Nolan. He's rubbing off on you." Lydia commented from my dressing table where she was curling her pin-straight hair. I envied her straight hair. Almost every curly-haired girl wishes to have straight hair after struggling with their curls for lifelong. But then again, curls are beautiful.

"And you should just kiss your lover-boy." Avery threw back at her and Lydia's face matched her top colour.

"I'm saying this again and for the last time. I am not going. My progesterone isn't thirsty. Thank you very much." I sighed and went to the bathroom to empty my bladder. Peanut-sized bladder, guys!

"I will buy you cinnamon rolls tomorrow at your favourite bakery if you come with us to this party," Avery shouted from outside the door and my ears perked up.

"What am I wearing?" I asked barging from the bathroom. Avery had hit the point and was now smirking triumphantly as she thrust my clothes at me. Things I do for cinnamon rolls!

I went into the bathroom and quickly changed into a pair of dark blue jeans and a black, long-sleeved top. My closet consists majorly of blacks and whites so don't expect a unicorn poop there.

As soon as I exited my bathroom, Avery pulled me with her to my dressing table and pushed me down on the chair, and started poking my eye with a wand, probably mascara, which by the way, I have no clue where it came from. I did not own such a thing.

"I just agreed to come with you, the least you can do is be gentle with your actions," I complained. Screw this party and screw this makeup, if you even consider the application of just mascara as makeup.

"You know how bad that sounds right? And why don't you tell that to Ethan? I'm sure he won't mind." Avery winked at me and Lydia burst out laughing. I let out a frustrated groan and glared at Avery, also throwing a hairbrush at Lydia which she caught mid-air. I could never have a concentration like her.

"Just get over with the damn thing." I sighed. It was pointless to argue on this matter.

"Sure honey." I glared at her again and she again poked my eye. She can be so violent at times. "And done," Avery announced. I sprang out of my seat and away from Avery. She started stripping her clothes in front of us and changed into a pair of denim shorts and a white T-shirt that was knotted at the front.